This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David_02
mromega posted:
02cashindavid posted:
noggin posted:
Don't see how that follows - aren't the voting lines open all week

Nope.

Actually, SCD's voting lines are open all week. X Factors aren't.

Oh right, I was referring to the X Factor voting lines. Very Happy
BR
Brekkie
Love C4's summary of the night on it's Overnights website:

Quote:
1830 BBC1 Strictly Come Dancing averaged 10.4 Million peaking at 10.9 Million at 19.15 1845 ITV X Factor averaged 9.2 Million peaking at 10.9 Million at 19.45 2115 BBC1 Strictly Come Dancing averaged 10.0 Million peaking at 10.5 Million at 21.45 2115 ITV The X Factor Results averaged 9.3 Million peaking at 9.4 Million at 21.30 and 21.45 Damn them all!!
JA
jamesmd
Brekkie Boy posted:
Love C4's summary of the night on it's Overnights website:

Quote:

1830 BBC1 Strictly Come Dancing averaged 10.4 Million peaking at 10.9 Million at 19.15
1845 ITV X Factor averaged 9.2 Million peaking at 10.9 Million at 19.45
2115 BBC1 Strictly Come Dancing averaged 10.0 Million peaking at 10.5 Million at 21.45
2115 ITV The X Factor Results averaged 9.3 Million peaking at 9.4 Million at 21.30 and 21.45 Damn them all!!

So SCD was ahead but not in terms of voting
DA
David_02
Simon Cowell has signed a new golden handcuffs deal with ITV. This guarantees at least two more series of The X Factor , in 2006, and 2007. He has also planned two new shows for ITV, to be aired in 2006. These are 'Soapstar Superstar' and a new Saturday night variety series similar to The Gong Show .

Full Articles:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds27432.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4542430.stm
IS
Isonstine Founding member
02cashindavid posted:
These are 'Soapstar Superstar' and a new Saturday night variety series similar to The Gong Show .

I assume one of these is what Paul O'Grady was talking about with Simon Cowell on today's show. Sounds rather interesting - I assume it's the Saturday night variety type show.
BR
Brekkie
benjy posted:
But surely giving the money to charity is a far better cause than giving the BBC more funding?

It's also a further incentive for people to call in, if they know the money is going to a good cause. The BBC would surely get a lot of bad press if they stopped doing this.

Yes and no - it's just every single BBC poll seems to have 15p going to a (BBC associated) charity. Personally I think the BBC should be looking at ways of reducing the burden on the licence fee payer - and earning money this way is one of them.

As I said above it doesn't bother me with SCD (well, I don't watch it!) as it's a charity competition - and at least the BBC are sticking to the 25p a vote, 15p to charity - while I'm a Celeb was 50p a vote, 10p to charity.
JA
jay Founding member
Soapstar Superstar is being made by Granada.
BR
Brekkie
jay posted:

It's Star Duets that's being made by Cowell!
TW
Time Warp
So an X Factor, but with wannabe actors? Can't see it working as a Saturday night format, personally.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Time Warp posted:
So an X Factor, but with wannabe actors? Can't see it working as a Saturday night format, personally.

Not just Saturday nights, It's being stripped across 9 days, on every day from Friday 6th Jan I think.

Fern Britton and Ben Sheppard presenting. Cilla Black one of the judges.
JA
jay Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:
jay posted:

It's Star Duets that's being made by Cowell!

Yep, you're right. Digitalspy are wrong.

And yes, the 'Gong' style show is what Simon and Paul were talking about today.
JA
Jamesypoo
Square Eyes posted:
Time Warp posted:

Not just Saturday nights, It's being stripped across 9 days, on every day from Friday 6th Jan I think.

Fern Britton and Ben Sheppard presenting. Cilla Black one of the judges.

Yes, Fern said on This Morning the other week that the way people voted had a bit of a twist - the results would be aired the next day.

Newer posts