The Newsroom

Newsround Exclusive

(October 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RU
russnet Founding member
Quite amusing watching Newsround today. Huw Edwards acting all trendy with the kids wearing some casual shirt with the top bottom undone. He came over friendly and did most of the show. We also saw a behind the scenes of his daily routine on what he does for the 10 o' Clock News.

They even renamed the segement Huw's Round! Its quite funny watching Huw do his normal newsreader whilst the actual presenter (can't remember her name as I rarely watch Newsround) was speaking in a patronising way but does it as she would do on any other day.
AP
Aphrodite007
Called Ellie I believe, she went to university near me in Durham. I know people who knew her and she was apparently dead annoying. Very Happy
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Huw has been on CBBC before, (I think) it was one of the holiday mornings he appeared with one of the presenters in the BP garden. It does seem slightly odd to see him out of his newsreader suit.
JA
jamesmd
Charlie Wells posted:
Huw has been on CBBC before, (I think) it was one of the holiday mornings he appeared with one of the presenters in the BP garden. It does seem slightly odd to see him out of his newsreader suit.

Of course, because news presenters aren't human now are they Charlie.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Quote:
Of course, because news presenters aren't human

That's right James, they're not at all! Remember the version of Moira that used to be on Spitting Image? Her mouth never moved, like she was some sort of robot.

Come to think of it.........................
BR
Brekkie
As nice as this may be, surely with the major events of the weekend, like the anchors of the other stations, Huw should be on location in Pakistan, not presenting Newsround!
RJ
Russell James
BBC achors are hardly ever sent to locations of natural disasters. I think they should though

Does anyone have any caps of Huw on Newsround
ST
Steve Founding member
Well I think Sian's doing a great job out there... do we really need every anchor heading there?!
BR
Brekkie
Steve posted:
Well I think Sian's doing a great job out there... do we really need every anchor heading there?!

Sian maybe doing a great job, but I'm almost certain if it wasn't for the Newsround gig, Huw would have been sent there instead.
ST
Steve Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:
Steve posted:

Sian maybe doing a great job, but I'm almost certain if it wasn't for the Newsround gig, Huw would have been sent there instead.

Hmm... am not convinced, but who knows!!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Brekkie Boy posted:

Huw on Breakfast? nahh
JO
Jonathan
Steve in Pudsey posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:

Huw on Breakfast? nahh

LOL. Actually, to take the joke literally, in America, Jay Leno once switched places with a breakfast presenter for a week.

Newer posts