TV Home Forum

Hollyoaks - Weekdays 6.30pm C4, 7pm E4

(September 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:
Must admit the late-night specials have been very disapointing so far - they are nothing more than fillers as we await the main storyline, and I think a one-off late night special could have done the job better!

I agree, there has been nothing special in these late night episodes so far. Hopefully tonights and Thursday's will be good though.
BR
Brekkie
Well tonights was better, but we're still in the lead up until the story unfolding tomorrow.

Tonight and tomorrow eps in a one-hour special would have sufficed!
JE
Jez Founding member
I agree a 1 hour special would have been enough.

The aftermath of Danni's rape was just as shocking as she actually has no idea she was raped. Hopefully this storyline will help to highlight the danger of date rape.
BR
Brekkie
Crossing the Line was certainly no where near as good as the "In too Deep" special from earlier this year.

The rape scene as expected was shocking, as was the aftermath. Andy taking the photo of Danni was also a touch of genious, as Russ and Sam had earlier accidently found an album girl after girl.

Some good one liners as well - like when Lee offered Chris a cup of tea at the end!

Also, some interesting grafitti on the wall, which at 11pm was male genitalia, then at 6.30pm was edited into a rocket!

Still no new titles, but the show now goes on. I'll try Let Loose, but unless they introduce some better characters than the nauseating Ben and Lisa and Ally and her brother, I doubt I'll stick with it!

Good to see John Pickard as Tony's brother as well!
CL
CL2K
Is that the actor who was in 2.5 Children some years ago?
BR
Brekkie
Just watched Let Loose and actually it was rather good - far better than last week's late night specials. It was written by Phil Redmond himself.

We also got a "snazzy" (to quote the E4 CA) new title sequence and brand new theme - and for the first time the official Hollyoaks logo (with the tree!) was used in the titles - which were very American soap style with the character and actors names!

CL2K posted:

No, John Pickard wasn't in "2.5 Children!" Laughing
JE
Jez Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:
Just watched Let Loose and actually it was rather good - far better than last week's late night specials. It was written by Phil Redmond himself.

We also got a "snazzy" (to quote the E4 CA) new title sequence and brand new theme - and for the first time the official Hollyoaks logo (with the tree!) was used in the titles - which were very American soap style with the character and actors names!

CL2K posted:

I liked the new titles, and Let Loose was OK, not brilliant, but i'll give it a while and see how it goes.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I found the characters in Let Loose who are not Hollyoaks regulars, more interesting than Ben and whiny Lisa.
SA
saturdaymorning
Jez posted:
The problem with having characters in the opening titles when you have such a high cast turnover is they need updating quite often.

It's a good idea actually. If Eastenders had Kat,Alfie,Little Mo,Chrissie and Sam in the titles then they'd be updated in November!

BTW,has anyone got the Let Loose titles?
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:

CL2K posted:

Yes he was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/2point4children_3.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/other/gallery/2point4childre_7776570_3.shtml

EDIT: Oh yes, I see. "2.5". Hysterical.
MA
Marky
Ohhhhhh Yesssss Indeedydoody John Pickard was in 2.5 Children and also in Grange Hill.
JE
Jez Founding member
saturdaymorning posted:
Jez posted:
The problem with having characters in the opening titles when you have such a high cast turnover is they need updating quite often.

It's a good idea actually. If Eastenders had Kat,Alfie,Little Mo,Chrissie and Sam in the titles then they'd be updated in November!

BTW,has anyone got the Let Loose titles?

But the point is Hollyoaks dont update them enough.

Newer posts