The Newsroom

Dermot

(August 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonathan
Why does she do a show called Saturday Swingers?- Because she is one?
MA
Magoo
me_for_nina posted:
Why does she do a show called Saturday Swingers?- Because she is one?

I'm surprised that it took a full 21 minutes for that joke to be made.... Wink
JO
Jonathan
maximus posted:
Dermot is a good newsreader but being with Kraplinsky is ruining his career. Make him a 1 O'Clock newsreader, or equally, put Kraplinsky onto BBC World.

No don't do that because I can see a bright future for her in being a continuity announcer on BBC4.
TV
TVN
I'm surprised Mr cole hasnt had a look in at the "real" six yet.... apparently the ratings went up when he was on the "fake" six a few months back.
TV
tvmercia Founding member
TVN posted:
I'm surprised Mr cole hasnt had a look in at the "real" six yet.... apparently the ratings went up when he was on the "fake" six a few months back.
however the bbc news strike was mentioned on virtually every news channel/programme/website throughout the day, so its little wonder people were tuning in to bbc one to see what all the fuss was about.
JO
Jonathan
Stephen Cole has so much prescence when reading the news, he was great during the strike. Why is he doing shows like click online when he is an excellent journalist?
TV
TVAND
me_for_nina posted:
Stephen Cole has so much prescence when reading the news, he was great during the strike. Why is he doing shows like click online when he is an excellent journalist?

<--Bogaboy's jaw droped in disbelief! Shocked
SO
southwales
Anyway I like Dermot and think he would be good on the six with either Jane or Sophie.

I think the most promising star the BBC has is Jane Hill - I can see her ending up the main anchor of the ten in a few years. Shereallyis a natural.
JO
Jonathan
Bogaboy19 posted:
me_for_nina posted:

<--Bogaboy's jaw droped in disbelief! Shocked

And what is your problem?
MA
Matrix
Problem? Are you off your nut?

Steven Cole is possibly the biggest ego in Broadcast News. The mans a flaming menance.
I don't know where to start really, hes rude, self-centred and has a total lack of anything resembling manners.

He may have been successful in his take on the "fake" Ten, but when a person is so "demanding" off screen it usually really shows on screen.

Anyway the Ten is the Beebs flag-ship bulletin, preferably hosted by someone with EXTENSIVE knowledge in the field, not merly a fly-by Presenter. He simply isn't ready...
NG
noggin Founding member
TVN posted:

I don't think there is much likelihood of that...
NG
noggin Founding member
me_for_nina posted:

Not sure what his journalistic background is - I don't recall him having been a high-profile location reporter prior to presenting on Sky, CNN and News 24... AIUI he is more of a "presenter" - and there aren't many of them around these days on the main network bulletins. (Amongst the men anyway)

In fact - I think he has come at presenting from the drama end hasn't he? I remember reading he has an acting background - which isn't unusual amongst "presenters". (Jan Leeming, Moira Stewart etc.)

Newer posts