TV Home Forum

Granada production endcap confusion

(July 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
And just to make things even more confusing, Tyne Tees still do make network programming, but their stuff is generally packaged by YTV after the event, even though TTTV did all the work. These Tyne Tees productions are marked down as "Granada Yorkshire" programmes. Yorkshire Tyne Tees's influence still isn't dead it seems...
CW
cwathen Founding member
Quote:
I'm just glad GR/N/D/ (the franchisee) didn't go too far for its own produced programmes, branding their endcaps "Granada Granada"... I think somebody may have coined this shtick before...

Well their previous endcap did read:

(G-Logo)

A Granada Television Production

GR/N/D/

Two Granada logos on the same slide.

And of course the very first sighted purple endcap featured the YTV chevron logo with 'A Granada Production' underneath it.
HU
huddy
jason posted:
And just to make things even more confusing, Tyne Tees still do make network programming, but their stuff is generally packaged by YTV after the event, even though TTTV did all the work. These Tyne Tees productions are marked down as "Granada Yorkshire" programmes. Yorkshire Tyne Tees's influence still isn't dead it seems...

What programmes are you on about? I presume something like, after they were famous?

The funny thing about Where The Heart is, that YTV actually provided most things, even doen to Judy Lysaght doing the graphics, for UN&M.
NU
The Nurse
It was sad to see Saturday's episode of Celebrity Stars In Their Eyes branded as just "Granada" and not "Granada Manchester". I assume it is still made at Quay Street.
JE
Jez Founding member
The Nurse posted:
It was sad to see Saturday's episode of Celebrity Stars In Their Eyes branded as just "Granada" and not "Granada Manchester". I assume it is still made at Quay Street.

It is made a Quay Street but I dont understand why they dont put a Granada Manchester endcap on it. All other progs made there have them.
NU
The Nurse
Oh right. Let's hope this was a one-off then!
AD
Adam
huddy posted:
jason posted:

What programmes are you on about? I presume something like, after they were famous?

The funny thing about Where The Heart is, that YTV actually provided most things, even doen to Judy Lysaght doing the graphics, for UN&M.

I think they still do the research for some programmes. 100 Greatest... on Channel 4 is an example, used to be completely City Road I belive. Tyne Tees (Signpost BSL division) do all of the in-vision signing for ITV and also provide IVS for many other commercial channels.

Newer posts