Requests

Itv News

(August 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AC
aconnell
Can someone get me the theme for ITV News before they had the makeover. The one where it had the Big Ben ringing before each news story.

Thanks
AN
Ant
Not too sure, but I think it might be library music. I know the new theme is, but i'm not really the one to ask about that.
TE
teleonline Founding member
Yes it is library music. The theme is held by KPM and called 'Breaking News'.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Antz posted:
Not too sure, but I think it might be library music. I know the new theme is, but i'm not really the one to ask about that.

Yes and had he bothered reading the message at the top of the forum he'd have realised this himself

Quote:
ITV/ITN News past and present is a theme regularly requested but is library music and for that reason, please do not request or respond to a request with a link. Other popular library music tunes include many regional ITV News themes, Crimewatch and Eurovision.

Personally I've never thought the Eurovision theme was "popular"....
TM
Telly Media
The Eurovision theme isn't library music though - it's actually a classical piece of music called "Te Deum" by a French composer called Marc Antoine Charpentier. Although I'm sure most music libraries (like KPM) will have a recording in their archive.
GM
nodnirG kraM
Sky Networks posted:
The Eurovision theme isn't library music though - it's actually a classical piece of music called "Te Deum" by a French composer called Marc Antoine Charpentier. Although I'm sure most music libraries (like KPM) will have a recording in their archive.

(Well technically it's the prelude to Te Deum ...)
</pedantic>

64 days later

GR
Granada.
Is the new ITV News theme music Library Music?
JO
Joshua
Yes its on KPM........Does anybody have the link to where it is because i cannot find it
NE
Noelfirl
http://homepage.eircom.net/~noelfirl/trolls2.gif
GR
Granada.
The ITV News tune is Library Music but if you click AUDITION you can listen to them - KPM - You may need to type in WORLD AGENDA on the search box if it isn't there already

Newer posts