The Newsroom

ITV London Tonight

(December 2003)

LO
Londoner Recently warned London London
Katie Ledger presenting the late bulletin tonight.
623058 posted:
boogy men new stuff is coming to get us
LO
I've been sent this by ITV London in my work capacity, but thought it may interest some people here:

Quote:
ITV London Debate

YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO QUESTION THE MAYOR OF LONDON!

ITV and the Greater London Authority invite you to attend a major television studio debate on issues affecting Londoners. The ITV London Debate will be held at London Studios, Upper Ground, London SE1 on Wednesday evening 29th June and will be chaired by presenter Alastair Stewart.

If you have a question you’d like to put to the Mayor about an issue that bothers you or is affecting your area this is your opportunity to do so!

Or if you want to question the Mayor about some of the following issues you’ll be welcome to attend the debate:

• Transport
• Crime and policing strategy
• Environmental issues
• Traffic congestion and congestion charging
• Planning issues for London
• London’s growing housing demand
• Diversity
• Economic development
• The London Assembly

EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK YOU CAN COME ALONG TO THE DEBATE.

FOR TICKETS FOR THE ITV London Debate call us on 0207 633 2647 or E-MAIL stateoflondondebate@itv.com
623058 posted:
IS
Isonstine Founding member London London
Londoner posted:
I've been sent this by ITV London in my work capacity, but thought it may interest some people here:

Quote:
ITV London Debate

YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO QUESTION THE MAYOR OF LONDON!

ITV and the Greater London Authority invite you to attend a major television studio debate on issues affecting Londoners. The ITV London Debate will be held at London Studios, Upper Ground, London SE1 on Wednesday evening 29th June and will be chaired by presenter Alastair Stewart.

If you have a question you’d like to put to the Mayor about an issue that bothers you or is affecting your area this is your opportunity to do so!

Or if you want to question the Mayor about some of the following issues you’ll be welcome to attend the debate:

• Transport
• Crime and policing strategy
• Environmental issues
• Traffic congestion and congestion charging
• Planning issues for London
• London’s growing housing demand
• Diversity
• Economic development
• The London Assembly

EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK YOU CAN COME ALONG TO THE DEBATE.

FOR TICKETS FOR THE ITV London Debate call us on 0207 633 2647 or E-MAIL stateoflondondebate@itv.com

Basically a cherade that will result in........nothing.

Questionning the mayor never gets anywhere. He's an obnoxious wanker anyway with no interest in the wellbeing on the average Londoner. Nice idea though.
BS
Ben Shatliff Granada North West Today
Is Tamzin Sylvester the woman who has co-presented London Tonight, for the last two Friday evenings.?.
TW
Time Warp
Benjamin F. Shatliff posted:
Is Tamzin Sylvester the woman who has co-presented London Tonight, for the last two Friday evenings.?.

yes, she presents quite frequently now on Thursdays and Fridays.
BS
Ben Shatliff Granada North West Today
Benjamin F. Shatliff posted:

Thankyou
IS
Inspector Sands
Isonstine posted:
[

Questionning the mayor never gets anywhere. He's an obnoxious ****er anyway with no interest in the wellbeing on the average Londoner. Nice idea though.

At least he does regular Q&A sessions, which other politician in the UK appears on live radio phone-ins every month? If you've heard them (on LBC and BBC London) he does take quite a bit on board from the callers.

I've got a lot of time for Ken, unlike most of his fellow politicians he does what he thinks is best, talks straight and doesn't fudge around
IS
Isonstine Founding member London London
Inspector Sands posted:
Isonstine posted:
[

Questionning the mayor never gets anywhere. He's an obnoxious ****er anyway with no interest in the wellbeing on the average Londoner. Nice idea though.

At least he does regular Q&A sessions, which other politician in the UK appears on live radio phone-ins every month? If you've heard them (on LBC and BBC London) he does take quite a bit on board from the callers.

I've got a lot of time for Ken, unlike most of his fellow politicians he does what he thinks is best, talks straight and doesn't fudge around

Oh I don't doubt it - I always hear his appearence on radio and they're pretty pleasing to listen to - It feels like he's being held to account over what's happening.

I still think he's obnoxious though - just something about him...though perhaps a certain amount is needed to be a politician and all that. He's certainly got a brass neck (esp over the Oliver Finegold affair) and well for that...fair play to him.

And introducing the congestion charge was the best thing he ever did... Who on earth would want to drive by choice in London? Madness.
JH
Jonathan H
Isonstine posted:
And introducing the congestion charge was the best thing he ever did... Who on earth would want to drive by choice in London? Madness.

But the congestion charge mostly makes it's money from people who don't have a choice in driving in to London or not...
IS
Inspector Sands
Isonstine posted:

I still think he's obnoxious though - just something about him...though perhaps a certain amount is needed to be a politician and all that. He's certainly got a brass neck (esp over the Oliver Finegold affair) and well for that...fair play to him.

He's been described as being like Marmite.... you either love him or hate him, he's very devisive
LO
I haven't seen the start of a 6pm programme for a while, but I notice there's a new format for the headlines - instead of a v/o by the presenters, each reporter previews their own package.
623058 posted:
TW
Time Warp
Londoner posted:
I haven't seen the start of a 6pm programme for a while, but I notice there's a new format for the headlines - instead of a v/o by the presenters, each reporter previews their own package.

I noticed that as well - a welcome change IMO

Saw Akhtar Khan on LT sometime last week covering a premiere in Leicester Square - didn't realise he was freelance. Has he done London before and does he present on anything more than London Tonight, N24 and BBC World?

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic