TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Big week of storylines and Corrie in HD from Monday (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PO
Pootle5
Jez posted:
REMINDER

For those interested there is an episode of Corrie on BBC4 tonight at 9.15pm which was originally shown in 1965.

Quote:
Any ideas of what the main spring / summer storylines will be?

The Charlie and Shelly storyline is meant to come to a conculsion in May.

There is also meant to be a love triangle between Danny/Leanne/Jamie.

I thought the old episode on BBC4 tonight was superb, fantastic, tight writing, grit and humour and great acting (mostly!). I'd love to see more older ones, especially as I can jusst remember Annie, Elsie, Len etc from when I was little.

As for the current episodes I agree with whoever said they just want the show to move on from Ray and Katie now.
BR
Brekkie
Jez posted:
REMINDER

For those interested there is an episode of Corrie on BBC4 tonight at 9.15pm which was originally shown in 1965.

Quote:
Any ideas of what the main spring / summer storylines will be?

The Charlie and Shelly storyline is meant to come to a conculsion in May.

There is also meant to be a love triangle between Danny/Leanne/Jamie.

Read an article with Sally Lindsay recently and I think the plan is to make the Charlie/Shelley storyline a long-term thing.

Better IMO - domestic violence can last years, and we don't want another Hillman/Maya situation where it's one big storyline and your gone.

I think there are still things to be done with this - certainly Shelly should get pregnant and I think Charlie should somehow force her out of the Rovers (by being awfully nice and buying them a house!).
JC
JCB
I remember reading the Shelly/Charlie climax will be the big christmas story line. Keiran's exit is in the Autumn, and *spoiler* apparently Charlie murders him.

I'll be glad when Katy tops herself too. Terrible actress imo. Ray Langton's return has done nothing for me either. I'd rather see less of the Barlows (particularly Tracy) not more. Chesney is been over-used too. I'm really liking Scooter though, It's good to see comedy coming from the Platt's as opposed to the constant dramatic story line they've had over the past 5 years.
PO
Pootle5
JCB posted:
I remember reading the Shelly/Charlie climax will be the big christmas story line. Keiran's exit is in the Autumn, and *spoiler* apparently Charlie murders him.

I'll be glad when Katy tops herself too. Terrible actress imo. Ray Langton's return has done nothing for me either. I'd rather see less of the Barlows (particularly Tracy) not more. Chesney is been over-used too. I'm really liking Scooter though, It's good to see comedy coming from the Platt's as opposed to the constant dramatic story line they've had over the past 5 years.

I do hope that spoiler is not true... it's getting way too Brookside if that happens. They are over-doing Chesney now - and the use of the "can I have more" line last night was too obvious even to have been done in a tongue-in-cheek way I think. Good to see Dev back, they're clearly easing him back in with just the odd word, maybe he'll be less manic than before, it was obvious from those last scenes before he left that something was up...!
JE
Jez Founding member
That 1965 episode of Corrie last night was brilliant, it was great to see characters like Hilda, Annie, Dennis and Elsie, and Miss Nugent aka Emily Bishop. That scene with Len and Elsie near the beginning was so powerful, Pat Phoenix was a brilliant actress, had she lived I wonder if Elsie would still be in it now with the other pensioners. I too wish they would show more 60s/70s episodes.

I hope the Charlie and Shelly stuff doesnt go on as long as Christmas, they have only been back for 2 episodes and already the storyline is going around in circles with simular dialogue as from before and him turning Shelly against Sunita. It was posted on this thread several months back that after a lot of groundwork the storyline would come to a head in May. Wasnt so bad in the old days when storylines lasted months as there were only 2 or 3 episodes a week so longer gaps and less padding. As for the storyline with Ciaran I hope that doesnt happen, we have already had 1 happen this year, it would be OTT to have another.

It was reported today that both Adam Barlow and Jim McDonald are to return to the show. Adam comes back for the wedding, but his return is also to do with Mike's exit I think.

Most of the tv guides today had Corrie covers, some with Angela and Katie, but the TV Times have a Ken and Deirdre cover fo the wedding. Whats On TV Rolling Eyes had EE yet again, this time with Shane Ritchie, like other people have said before just call it Whats on EE. Rolling Eyes
MI
Mikeroberts
If some spoilers are to be believed, we could see the return of Mark Baldwin and Linda Sykes! !!!
DA
David_02
Mikeroberts posted:
If some spoilers are to be believed, we could see the return of Mark Baldwin and Linda Sykes! !!!

But isn't Arrow the actor who played Mark Baldwin currently in The Royal, it would be difficult for him to return especially if he was filming the next series, though it would be fantastic if Linda made a reappearence .
BR
Brekkie
Aren't they just recasting you know who (if you've read the spoilers!)
DA
David_02
Brekkie Boy posted:

Probably.
JE
Jez Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:

I hope the recast for that character, I wasnt keen on the last actor who played him.
CC
CC100
the spoiler may be true, especially as whats going to happen to mike.
PT
Put The Telly On
The Barlow's house amuses me. The front room made an appearance! Yet Ken was sleeping on the sofa which happens to be in the same room as the dining table. What exactly is in the front room?

Newer posts