Requests

1990s BBC 1 and 2 idents music

Does anyone have clean versions? (March 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PC
Paul Clark
I did manage to come up with more than expected. I had to amplify the left channel on some stereo versions because it was bit faint.
GS
GavSalkeld
Wow, thanks so much! Shame theres no balloon music, theyre my fave, but thanks so much!
PC
Paul Clark
The only clean BBC 1 Globe-balloon track played in full was 2000's Carnival Ident, I think.

23 days later

HA
happy-clappy-jappy-chappy
This is totally out of the question, but does anyone have a copy of the clean Firecracker ident frm the early 1990s. i saw it on The TV Room but it looks like it's disappeared.
PC
Paul Clark
happy-clappy-jappy-chappy posted:
This is totally out of the question, but does anyone have a copy of the clean Firecracker ident frm the early 1990s. i saw it on The TV Room but it looks like it's disappeared.

There are times when I wish I had saved files to my hard drive. That was one of those times.

I clearly remember seeing "Firecracker" and the Silver 2 "Balloon", both clean, on the site. I didn't save them to HDD, now they're gone from the 'net!

I should hope that someone who is browsing this Forum, still has those idents on them, but no-one yet has come forward....
GS
GavSalkeld
Duke, thanks again for the music!
PC
Paul Clark
Since it's relevant to this topic, considering the new replies now, here's those BBC ONE Balloon Music tracks I ripped, carried over from the other thread:

Audio-A

Audio-B

Audio-C

Audio-D

Carnival
PC
Paul Clark
Note: A 20-sec (in file length) clean Zapper soundtrack has now been added - the audio has also been amplified.

High quality MP3; sourced from a MOV file.

14 days later

HA
happy-clappy-jappy-chappy
Duke, can you sort them out, coz not many of them are working anymore
PC
Paul Clark
happy-clappy-jappy-chappy posted:
Duke, can you sort them out, coz not many of them are working anymore

OK, I'm on to it. 10 minutes is all I should need.
PC
Paul Clark
Here are some updated links, plus 2 new mp3s: Star Trek Night , and Crime & Punishment !:

BBC ONE Balloon Ident Music

Balloon 1

Balloon 2

Balloon 3

Balloon 4

Carnival

BBC 2 '91-'97 Idents (Introduced 1991) - * (Stereo) indicates track is in correct stereo; *NEW* denotes an addition to the original post

The below ident soundtracks are incomplete, but announcerless:

English - This is pretty much all there is to the soundtrack

Silk

Xmas 1997 Version 2

Optics

Paint (also used for A Taste of Japan ; One World Idents) (Stereo)

Dog (Stereo)

Powder (also used for the 30th Anniversary Ident) (Stereo)

Car (Stereo)

Zapper *NEW* (Stereo; Amplified)

The following ident soundtracks are complete, albeit not all good quality:

Garden (Original)

Xmas 1995 - Note the Neon Sign ident music in the background

Water

Diary

Shadow (Stereo)

Crime & Punishment *NEW* (Like English , the soundtrack is a few seconds - the ident itself runs for :30)

Star Trek Night *NEW* (Note the very short length; was this originally intended as just a sting?)

If anyone has clear Balloon (the Silver 2 Helium Balloon) and Firecracker rm files, it would be much appreciated.

148 days later

N4
News 48
Could you update the links please?

Newer posts