TV Home Forum

A Special Ident for Doctor Who

Could there be one? (March 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
R2
r2ro
Ahead of the new series is there a chance that we will have a special BBC ONE (or TWO) ident?
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Unlikely, though BBC 2 did do a Dr Who ident when Dr Who was last repeated.
CY
cylon6
I doubt it somehow!! Sad

That was the beauty of the balloon, it was more versatile and could be put in any situation, like they did with Walking With Dinosaurs and The Blue Planet. I can just see Daleks and a dematerialising TARDIS in the foreground with a balloon overhead. Ah what might of been!!

Just makes you want to weep doesn't it? Crying or Very sad
MS
Mr-Stabby
I doubt it i'm afraid. Not even on BBC2 these days with the generic twos i'm guessing.

It would be brilliant if we did, as it would show that the beeb think this really is their flagship show as i can't remember them changing the current idents at all for any other programming.

We'll have to see, but again i doubt it Sad
BT
Baroness Trumpington
Lorraine Heggessy tied to a chair, dressed in Red and White.

Dalek enters frame, peers at her with its beady eye and takes careful aim with the old sink plunger.

All together now..... "Exterminate!"
JE
Jenny Founding member
A chorus-line of Silurians and Cybermen, arm-in-tentacle, doing the can-can.
MS
Mr-Stabby
Odd thing is, it was Lorraine who re-commissioned Doctor Who, so perhaps we'll see Asian daleks dancing in a weird way as a special ident!
R2
r2ro
If the upcoming Doctor Who day is on BBC TWO then perhaps we'll see the Dalek Two come back out and do something although I doubt for the series - on BBC ONE, 7pm, Easter Saturday - they could encorporate rhythm and movement into Doctor Who; sadly.
CY
cylon6
r2ro posted:
If the upcoming Doctor Who day is on BBC TWO then perhaps we'll see the Dalek Two come back out and do something although I doubt for the series - on BBC ONE, 7pm, Easter Saturday - they could encorporate rhythm and movement into Doctor Who; sadly.

Hope so, but I just think they'll keep the unimaginative white two's against a yellow background. Rolling Eyes Isn't it funny how quickly the new two's have aged compared to the ones they replaced?

11 days later

R2
r2ro
Today's the day if BBC TWO are going to bring back the Dalek Two.
It could be on at : 15.50, 19.30, 20.30, 20.40.
I somehow got a feeling that we'll be stuck with Remote, Formation and Domino though.
BA
Bail Moderator
Well... they could do it. The *baddies* in ep1 could be made to dance.
CY
cylon6
r2ro posted:
Today's the day if BBC TWO are going to bring back the Dalek Two.
It could be on at : 15.50, 19.30, 20.30, 20.40.
I somehow got a feeling that we'll be stuck with Remote, Formation and Domino though.

Sadly so do I. Sad

Newer posts