TV Home Forum

Liquid News

Hasnt BBC 3 gone down since (March 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WM
Weather Man
this is my opinion, but BBC Three must have lost a good deal of viewers when Liquid News ended

for me, it was something i would watch each evening, along with FA on BBC3.

i just feel that BBC 3 has sort of lost its identity as a very young, modern channel when they decided to invest in a 30-min news at 7, when the could put LN on instead
NS
NickyS Founding member
Weather Man posted:
this is my opinion, but BBC Three must have lost a good deal of viewers when Liquid News ended

i just feel that BBC 3 has sort of lost its identity as a very young, modern channel when they decided to invest in a 30-min news at 7, when the could put LN on instead

They didn't axe Liquid News to invest in the 7 o'clock news. And have you watched the news recently? It's certainly different than any other TV News bulletin.
FA
fanoftv
Weather Man posted:

I personally do miss Liquid News, it used to be a highlight of the evening schedule but didn't they axe it due to the amount of ratings it was getting for the amount of money that it cost.

The channel as a whole is producing a lot of great programmes at the moment.

Plus I do like the new Destination Three live links from 11:30pm. The only problem I have is that they're showing all repeats and repeated imports.

And as Nicky says the 7 o clock news is a well produced programme.
Though I still miss Liquid News, it's a shame that it ended when it was just getting back on top with Claudia & Paddy.

But would more viewers have tuned in if Claudia wasn't pregnant and had time off, or went and did Fame Academy on 3?
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Destinsation Three is attrocious, I'm sorry to say.

The whole idea seems entirely needless, and I haven't warmed to any of the presenters or their scripted banter. There are just too many of them apart from anything else.
WI
william Founding member
I've just been trying to think of things on BBC3 I've actually watched recently.

- The "Kilroy - Beyond the Tan" documentary (which was shown on BBC2 about a week later)
- occasional 7 O'Clock Newses, which is very good although I've normally already seen more than enough news by that time of day
- Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps
- the most recent series of Little Britain

and that's it.

Thing is, I will routinely say to myself what's on BBC1 or BBC2 tonight, but I don't say the same about BBC3 or 4. The fact that they used to show much of what now goes on BBCi (e.g. the extended tennis/sports coverage) perhaps diminishes them even more.

Maybe we are just asking too much of it given the difference it budgets, and we simply *shouldn't* be expecting to find something there to watch every night.
FA
fanboy
william posted:
I've just been trying to think of things on BBC3 I've actually watched recently.

18 with a bullet was an excellent, if short, series.

william posted:

Thing is, I will routinely say to myself what's on BBC1 or BBC2 tonight, but I don't say the same about BBC3 or 4.

I always look out for Storyville on BBC4 which is one of the few programmes I can rely on being of a high quality on any channel. Holidays in the danger zone is another very good BBC4 programme.
MA
marksi
Not Under My Roof was as very good series, and there were a couple of programmes about young homeless people in the rural parts of the country, the name of which I don't remember. My main problem with BBC THREE is the scheduling which appears random to say the least.
LO
Look_Over_There ---->
i quite like destination three, well the programs, kinda reminds me of when bbc choice used to have on screen anouncers lol, the spoken bits with presenters is dragged on a bit though!!
BR
brettuk
I assume when the country is digital only, BBC 3 will have more "exclusive" content, but at the moment a lot of stuff is getting repeated on BBC 2 / 1 for the terrestrial viewers....

Newer posts