The Newsroom

GMTV

(February 2005)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Yes, it's odd what Penny does at the TOTH. Is she genuinely receiving instructions, or is it all an act.

Best thing about the whole show is LK, and the banter between EH and FP can sometimes be hilarious. Like Jack and Vera from time to time.

(Sorry Vera.............)
BB
BBriscoe
I've been in the studio at the TOTH and I can tell you that everything Penny does is completely improvised and her ideas! It has the whole rest of the studio in fits! I don't know how Eamonn and Fiona / Kate and Andrew keep a straight face!

Penny is generally hilarious and just great fun!
FA
fanoftv
Lester posted:
Why has everything got to be bloody news based?! Why should it be doing exactly what the BBC are doing when it consistently rates better??

However, change that god awful blue generic town/city backdrop it's absolutely dreadful...

Compare Australia's Today show from Channel 9 to our crappy GMTV studio:

Today Australia 1
Today Australia 2

Images from Mediaspy.org

When they changed the set, they had a lovely new backdrop, but the viewers didn't like it, and so instead of getting another one made, they decided to put the old one back up.

Though everything looked great when they first moved, everything was new, the backdrop was different, thelights flashed at the top of the hour and end of the programme, they changed the colours all of the time and everything was nice and fresh, and then they decided to add plants, add the old backdrop and make it look old, well not so fresh.

I don't understand why they can't use a backdrop of London, every body else seems to. Everybody knows that it comes from London anyway. Personally I'd love to see them pick up the set and move it into the old London Tonight studio, so that they had a live view of London through the show.

Loose Women used that studio last year, yet ended up moving out of it, and did the rest of the series from a studio with an identical backdrop being made.
MO
morgaineofevil
i say go back to the originakl theme from the 1993 start up
TV
TV Boy
fanoftv posted:
Lester posted:
Why has everything got to be bloody news based?! Why should it be doing exactly what the BBC are doing when it consistently rates better??

However, change that god awful blue generic town/city backdrop it's absolutely dreadful...

Today Australia 1
Today Australia 2

Images from Mediaspy.org

Why is there a dog on set?!? It aint Blue Peter?!
MR
mrwilliams
The set looks a tiny bit like; 'This Morning'
SC
scottishender
South Today posted:
GMTV_journalist posted:
Did anyone see GMTV last week, at 7:25am 5 min before the weather Andrea was sitting on the newsdesk, the camera got a shot her at the desk because Kate and Ben were talking to her about snow or somethin

Andrea would look good reading the news Laughing

http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/andrea_mclean_6.jpg

Andrea presented alongside Eamonn for a stint while Fiona was on maternity leave...

Would Claire (what's her name, the weathergirl) be a good replacement if Fiona or Kate were to leave
AN
Ant
scottishender posted:

Would Claire (what's her name, the weathergirl) be a good replacement if Fiona or Kate were to leave

Clare Nasir is her name in case anyone wanted to know. Smile
http://www.gm.tv/media/images/clare_150.jpg
LE
Lester Founding member
TV Boy posted:
fanoftv posted:
Lester posted:

Today Australia 1
Today Australia 2

Images from Mediaspy.org

Why is there a dog on set?!? It aint Blue Peter?!

I think it was a bring your dog to work day in australia and so that's what they did on the show too, lol

Newer posts