The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KA
Katherine Founding member
(Quote removed)

I am traumatised at the mere thought of Linda being on the same sofa as Peter! Please don't kick a lady when she's vomiting into her ninth ocean-sized sick bucket!
BA
Bacchic
Dan posted:
Weather Man posted:
aswell it sort of opens several doors for you. if you ever read Ariel (the staff newspaper), not too many of the jobs have [E] beside them which means Externals May Be Considdered, but it does say somewhere, that if the [E] isnt there, you must work in a position for the BBC.

so cleaners may be included!

Except that the cleaners don't work for the BBC.

Smile

Indeed, and once BBC Broadcast and Resources have been sold off, then even fewer people will work for the BBC!
ST
South Today
This is from another thread. I am shocked! Do we know if it is true or not? Paul will be truly missed.. Crying or Very sad

A former member posted:
I read it in the local paper, the Sheffield Star, that Paul Hudson is leaving Look North to work for GMG's weather team in Leeds. He says he's sad to leave the LN team but looking forward to new challenges.

Anyone see that coming?!
KA
This is London Bus Week, isn't it? Three lots of bad news/rumour - Linda Barker, this new one... what's next?
ST
South Today
Katherine posted:
This is London Bus Week, isn't it? Three lots of bad news/rumour - Linda Barker, this new one... what's next?

Do you know whether it is true about Paul?
SP
Spencer
So where will your loyalties lie now Katherine? Your beloved Paul on your hated ITV? Or an 'imposter' on your beloved Look North? Wink
KA
Spencer For Hire posted:
So where will your loyalties lie now Katherine? Your beloved Paul on your hated ITV? Or an 'imposter' on your beloved Look North? Wink

I'm considering a couple of options, but neither involve YTV!
JA
jaffa
The story MUST be true, after all the Sheffield Star NEVER lies Surprised

How about Blair Jacobs/Trevor Appleton/ Thomas Schafernaker reading the weather in lime green leotards?

You'd soon forget about Paul Hudson.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Gaynor and Duncan were "together at last" tonight. Steve Hadley came into the studio to talk weather, wasn't anyone else available? like Jo Blythe or Paul Hudson Laughing

Peter was on his own again tonight, except for Paul who did the weather, what were the chances of that happening?
JA
jamej
Press Release
AN
Ana
Dan posted:
Except that the cleaners don't work for the BBC. Smile

Guess that catogorically proves I don't then, or I'd know that. They always look so at home in there I assumed they were employed by BBC...
Peter looks so WRONG alone in that studio. I was kinda hoping that with today being friday he'd have company. If they are keeping it like this he needs a smaller studio so he doesn't look so lost!
IS
Inspector Sands
jamej posted:

Helen Fospero has been presenting some BBC London weekend bulletins for a while, if she's in London with her husband she'll probably keep doing a few of them

Newer posts