The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

ST
South Today
Did anyone see this Morning's GMTV Bulletins of Calendar News?
I think they might not change the short bulletin background in the CSOs...
LO
Londoner London London
Duncan's just been on UK Today:
He mentioned the "brand new studio" on Calendar at 6 which he was confident "will rival yours down in London" Laughing
623058 posted:
boogy men new stuff is coming to get us
AJ
A.J.A.
He's quite proud of this new studio they've got isn't he? He's mentioned it on both bulletins I've seen him on today. I'm sure there'll be lots of crowing about it at six o'clock - it's almost as if they think *everyone* cares that the set's changed. OK, many of us here might have a passing interest in their presentational style, but I doubt the public at large will notice much... even the fact that the OBs have gone.

Like really, just give us the news in a professional manner.
TV
tvguy
By new look,do they mean they're getting new titles or just getting a new studio and keeping the 2004 look?
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
tvguy posted:
By new look,do they mean they're getting new titles or just getting a new studio and keeping the 2004 look?

No new titles. Just a new set, and Christine and Duncan presenting together in the same studio (ie. no OB).
KA
Katherine Founding member
Interesting little plug on the 15:20 bulletin on Leeds.. Ian White saying Look North's the most-watched regional show in Yorkshire....
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Katherine posted:
Interesting little plug on the 15:20 bulletin on Leeds.. Ian White saying Look North's the most-watched regional show in Yorkshire....

Let's face it though, it's either going to be most-watched or second most-watched regional show in Yorkshire... unless Bootsale Challenge suddenly has an upsurge in viewers.

They might as well just blow a raspberry, say, "nerr, we've got more viewers than Calendar", and be done with it... after all that's the implication.
JC
Jack Carkdale
Square Eyes posted:
Do we really think they're building the set this slowly ? It's probably already built and in rehearsals with them just leaking out a few shots every night.

I think you're right.

Square Eyes posted:
Duncan actually said, "we're coming to you live from our newsroom next week, ahead of something very exciting for us all here at Calendar". That sounds more than a set change, unless it's just Duncan building it up a bit.

I think that's right, too.

Given the discussion in this thread that Look North is apparently hammering Calendar in the ratings, I suspect that the set change is indeed being "talked up", to generate interest.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Londoner posted:
Duncan's just been on UK Today:
He mentioned the "brand new studio" on Calendar at 6 which he was confident "will rival yours down in London" Laughing

So just like the last relaunch when Duncan joined, they are keeping the new studio for 6pm with Duncan presenting the lunchtime and afternoon bulletins from the "old studio" background today.

The promo at 5.30pm showed Christine and Duncan walking into the studio so they still haven't shown us the new set. This build up is just like a Central News relaunch!
NE
North East
Calendar have got an extra plasma (compared to the other standard ITV sets). Its in the foreground, with the main set behind it.

Are these new graphics? I haven't seen that sequence used before in any region.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
So here we are, first few caps of the new look, with Christine & Duncan together. There was a new headline sequence as well.

I know these sets aren't universally popular, but it looks good, and YTV are making good use of theirs.
NE
North East
They are definately using this set well, really like how the used the big screen for the live 2-way, and how they are presenting the sport.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic