TV Home Forum

The official GMTV Thread

(October 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
I T V 1
According to the Sky EPG, the newshour is with John and Kate Mon to Wed next week dont know about Thurs or Fri. I hope Penny is on though!
AN
Andrew Founding member
I T V 1 posted:
According to the Sky EPG, the newshour is with John and Kate Mon to Wed next week dont know about Thurs or Fri. I hope Penny is on though!

It's wrong, Kate is supposedly off until the new year at the earliest according to the Sunday papers
ST
South Today
Andrew posted:
I T V 1 posted:

It's wrong, Kate is supposedly off until the new year at the earliest according to the Sunday papers
#

Do you know why? She hasn't presented since September.
AN
Andrew Founding member
GMTV'S KATE IN CANCER AGONY
Telly beauty's worrying wait after tests Fears for sick star

GMTV star Kate Garraway has been suffering a terrifying cancer scare, The People can reveal. Doctors found a growth on one of her kidney's after the 36-year-old beauty was rushed to hospital with excruciating abdominal pains a few weeks ago.

At first they they told Kate they couldn't rule out cancer and she had to undergo a series of nerve-wracking medical investigations.

The sexy star, who is on indefinite leave from the ITV1 show, has since had more tests which put her in the clear.

But she still faces an agonising wait until the New Yearto find out exactly what is wrong.

A family friend said last night: "They haven't come up with a definite diagnosis yet but things are looking much more positive.

"It sounded very serious at first. Kate went through weeks of terrible uncertainty but now thankfully they think cancer is very unlikely."

The star's agent Jon Roseman added: "It's been a very worrying time for everyone. Kate has been quite ill for nearly seven weeks and her doctors were not entirely sure as to the cause.

"They found a growth on one of her kidneys and at first considered it may have been cancer, but thankfully they have now ruled that out.

"After a surgical procedure on Friday she's hopefully on the mend. I'm sure she will be back on the sofa in January with her usual twinkle and a smile."

Doctors at University College Hospital in London are now convinced the problem is a cyst on her kidney rather than a tumour.

They used special X-ray equipment to obtain images from different angles around the body. They were then processed by computer to show a cross-section of body tissues and organs.

Kate's health problems first surfaced last month. She was kept in for two days of observation and returned for more tests last week.

The star was pictured looking pale and gaunt outside her north London home last week.

She is so stressed she has started smoking again after a year without a cigarette. Kate has spent the last few weeks resting at home where boyfriend Matt Nasir, 27, has been caring for her.

The friend said: "Matt and her bosses at GMTV are being incredibly supportive."

Before this health alert, Kate had said: "Fortunately I'm fairly healthy.

"I get the usual coughs and colds but that's about it. I've never had a major health scare, touch wood."

Kate has been a favourite with GMTV viewers since joining in September 2000.

One fan even paid £1,600 for a half-eaten banana she sold on eBay for charity.

The sexy host, who split from cheating husband Ian Rumsey in 2002, is well- respected by GMTV colleagues.

Her friend added: "She is popular at work and they all just want her to get better and come back on the sofa."
ST
South Today
Andrew posted:
GMTV'S KATE IN CANCER AGONY
Telly beauty's worrying wait after tests Fears for sick star

GMTV star Kate Garraway has been suffering a terrifying cancer scare, The People can reveal. Doctors found a growth on one of her kidney's after the 36-year-old beauty was rushed to hospital with excruciating abdominal pains a few weeks ago.

At first they they told Kate they couldn't rule out cancer and she had to undergo a series of nerve-wracking medical investigations.

The sexy star, who is on indefinite leave from the ITV1 show, has since had more tests which put her in the clear.

But she still faces an agonising wait until the New Yearto find out exactly what is wrong.

A family friend said last night: "They haven't come up with a definite diagnosis yet but things are looking much more positive.

"It sounded very serious at first. Kate went through weeks of terrible uncertainty but now thankfully they think cancer is very unlikely."

The star's agent Jon Roseman added: "It's been a very worrying time for everyone. Kate has been quite ill for nearly seven weeks and her doctors were not entirely sure as to the cause.

"They found a growth on one of her kidneys and at first considered it may have been cancer, but thankfully they have now ruled that out.

"After a surgical procedure on Friday she's hopefully on the mend. I'm sure she will be back on the sofa in January with her usual twinkle and a smile."

Doctors at University College Hospital in London are now convinced the problem is a cyst on her kidney rather than a tumour.

They used special X-ray equipment to obtain images from different angles around the body. They were then processed by computer to show a cross-section of body tissues and organs.

Kate's health problems first surfaced last month. She was kept in for two days of observation and returned for more tests last week.

The star was pictured looking pale and gaunt outside her north London home last week.

She is so stressed she has started smoking again after a year without a cigarette. Kate has spent the last few weeks resting at home where boyfriend Matt Nasir, 27, has been caring for her.

The friend said: "Matt and her bosses at GMTV are being incredibly supportive."

Before this health alert, Kate had said: "Fortunately I'm fairly healthy.

"I get the usual coughs and colds but that's about it. I've never had a major health scare, touch wood."

Kate has been a favourite with GMTV viewers since joining in September 2000.

One fan even paid £1,600 for a half-eaten banana she sold on eBay for charity.

The sexy host, who split from cheating husband Ian Rumsey in 2002, is well- respected by GMTV colleagues.

Her friend added: "She is popular at work and they all just want her to get better and come back on the sofa."

Thanks for that Andrew. I didn't know about this. I wish Kate well.
SI
simpsons1234
I am expressing my own opinion so feel free to argue with my comment.

I thought that this years Christmas animation for GMTV was slightly poorer than than the year before's

I mean, other GMTV Christmas idents had a Christmas jingle to them and they looked a lot more christmassy where as this years, they've just fiddled with the proper ident and just added some snow and a happy Christmas banner. No Christmas music. Just the normal music.

As i said, you can argue with my view and thanks for reading Laughing
AN
Andrew Founding member
I haven't seen it but according to gm.tv this week's News Hour has been presented by John Stapleton and Jackie Brambles, which is odd. This is in lieu of Kate Garraway not being available.
AN
Andrew Founding member
At the end of GMTV Today yesterday morning, Fiona (who was on her own for some reason, did Eammon disappear at 8.35 leaving Fiona to carry on to 9.25 on her own) said that they were back on January 10th, so they are still getting the full 2 weeks off, just a week late.
TV
tv_mad10
Kate was back with Andrew, today and she said that she had a dodgy kidney and went to hospital, and etc.
MR
mrwilliams
Yes I'm glad Kate is back, also GMTV didn't have the best Christmas party like last year, the gmtv presenters were only dancing by the lk today studio not by the sofa
Very dissapointing xmas for gmtv!
IT
I T V 1
Was Ben and Jenni presenting aswell? Its the first time I havnt seen the final GMTV Today before Christmas for years, probably due being dissapointed by the graphics... Doesnt look like I have missed much then...
TV
tv_mad10
I T V 1 posted:
Was Ben and Jenni presenting aswell? Its the first time I havnt seen the final GMTV Today before Christmas for years, probably due being dissapointed by the graphics... Doesnt look like I have missed much then...

No, because there was no Entertainment Today. It was GMTV Today from 7:25-9:25

Newer posts