digiperson
EDIT Never mind, it's gone now...

digiperson
FA
fanoftv
digiperson posted:
EDIT Never mind, it's gone now...

digiperson

OK. That happens sometimes when the channels switch.

I remember at one point, I think it was last year that BBC Three aired until at least 8pm on the CBBC Channel (616, or 621 as it may have been at the time) on Sky (not sure whether other providers were affected).
NW
nwtv2003
It happened in 2002 I believe on the first day of CBBC and CBeebies using the space on what was Choice and Knowledge, as it was the first time that the BBC had used the new switching thing so they had teething troubles, to solve it for a couple of weeks they shut down the kids channels at 6.45pm, but then they got it back at 6.55pm or there abouts and managed to solve their problem.
FA
fanoftv
nwtv2003 posted:
It happened in 2002 I believe on the first day of CBBC and CBeebies using the space on what was Choice and Knowledge, as it was the first time that the BBC had used the new switching thing so they had teething troubles, to solve it for a couple of weeks they shut down the kids channels at 6.45pm, but then they got it back at 6.55pm or there abouts and managed to solve their problem.

Yeah I think I remember that, but this incident happened last year as I remember Claudia on Liquid News saying well done if you've found us.

At the moment CBBC & CBeebies go off air at 6:57, I presume it's just so that they've got 3 minutes unless anything does go wrong, though the Three & Four are often up and running by 6:58 with a 'we'll be starting soon'.
Maybe one day they'll have a GMTV - ITV type switchover so that it happens within a second.
DV
dvboy
What annoys me most is the fact that on NTL, the channels aren't switched off when the other is on air, so you can watch BBC Three's output on CBBC overnight... that means they were showing a programme called Brothel last night on a channel advertised for children, but I guess this is NTL's fault, not the BBC's.
FA
fanoftv
dvboy posted:
What annoys me most is the fact that on NTL, the channels aren't switched off when the other is on air, so you can watch BBC Three's output on CBBC overnight... that means they were showing a programme called Brothel last night on a channel advertised for children, but I guess this is NTL's fault, not the BBC's.

Really?
So you can also watch CBBC on the BBC Three channel number through the day?

Who knows, maybe one day they will all get their own things and won't have to share and may have their hours extended, surely it's only time, and space.
NW
NewsWatch
Sorry to change the subject but why is the CBBC blob half covering the BBC icon? It looks silly.
RE
Reuben
fanoftv posted:
dvboy posted:

Really?
So you can also watch CBBC on the BBC Three channel number through the day?

Who knows, maybe one day they will all get their own things and won't have to share and may have their hours extended, surely it's only time, and space.
]

NTL start showing BBC Three after the closure of CBBC on the CBBC Channel and BBC Four after the closure of CBeebies on the CBeebies channel.
FA
fanoftv
NewsWatch posted:
Sorry to change the subject but why is the CBBC blob half covering the BBC icon? It looks silly.

It always has, and moves, I think it's better than some other BBC logos, as it's small and squarer rather than going across in a line.

And if you are bored of the programme and someone else is watching it, you can sit and watch the dog moving.
DI
Digiboy
The bugs are supposed to be naughty and play around in the electronics of CBBC, so having it messing with the DOG made sense. Makes it different to the DOGs on parents' channels!
NW
NewsWatch
I aways thought it ment CBBC was taking over the BBC.
That is what there slogan was at the start of the channel.
FA
fanoftv
NewsWatch posted:
I aways thought it ment CBBC was taking over the BBC.
That is what there slogan was at the start of the channel.

I quite liked the bugs when the channel was launching how they creeped in on the end credits of programmes, and the titles of programmes, it's a shame that they stopped doing it really.

Newer posts