TV Home Forum

Technical Problem with Forum

(November 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MS
Mr-Stabby
Is anybody else getting this?

Whenever i switch between a forum section, I start downloading a file called ADCOUNTER.ASPX. And even though i press cancel it comes up again, and only stops after i click it a few times.

This has only started within the last day or so, what's the game!?
OH
ohwhatanight Founding member
Already being 'discussed' HERE
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
The TV Forum Watch would like to remind users that technical issues such as this should perhaps be directed to Metropol247's Computer Clinic.
MS
Mr-Stabby
Gavin Scott posted:
The TV Forum Watch would like to remind users that technical issues such as this should perhaps be directed to Metropol247's Computer Clinic.

Not really, as this is to do with this forum and it dosen't happen on any other forum, including metropol.
GS
Mr-Stabby posted:
Gavin Scott posted:

Not really, as this is to do with this forum and it dosen't happen on any other forum, including metropol.

Such is the synergy betwixt the two sites you really ought to make use of the facility. Most, if not all of the membership is from here; and we have a wide range of geeks, nerds and boffins to tell you all you need to know.
BB
BBC TV Centre
Maybe getting rid of the lounge wasn't such a good idea after all. Wink Rolling Eyes
MS
Mr-Stabby
On another note, i would like to know who "Tv Forum Watch" are. Are they self-elected? Did the Administrators authorise such a thing? And even if they did, I am only willing to accept directions of posts on the forum from the moderators/administrators, and no one else.

Thank you! Cool

EDIT - I have searched the forum for a post about such a thing, and have come up blank.
LO
Londoner
Mr-Stabby posted:
EDIT - I have searched the forum for a post about such a thing, and have come up blank.

Have a look at Metropol 24/7
MS
Mr-Stabby
James Hatts posted:
Mr-Stabby posted:

Have a look at Metropol 24/7

As far as i'm concerned, Metropol dosen't exist. I do not want to go on Metropol. They are on different domains, therefore different sites. If there's a post about TV Forum watch, it would make sense surely that it would be posted on TV Forum, not Metropol.
GS
Mr-Stabby posted:
On another note, i would like to know who "Tv Forum Watch" are. Are they self-elected? Did the Administrators authorise such a thing? And even if they did, I am only willing to accept directions of posts on the forum from the moderators/administrators, and no one else.

I am cut to the quick Mr Stabby. I thought I was being extremely helpful, especially in light of the fact that none of the mods had replied to your thread.

But, if that is how you feel then that is how you feel.

I'm afraid I've just peeled your name off the chair label for the next Forum Watch meeting. No tea cakes for you.
MS
Mr-Stabby
I'm not asking in a malicious way, i'm just curious. Smile

It's just the way your message is laid out is written like a moderator, i just wanted to know why.
GS
Mr-Stabby posted:
It's just the way your message is laid out is written like a moderator, i just wanted to know why.

It's a gift.

Metropol is the sister site of TV Forum, and was started so that the moderators here didn't have to police the Lounge - as oftentimes this took more time than covering the main forum did.

Newer posts