The Newsroom

Jon Snow on the ITV News Channel

(October 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Jon Snow appeared on the ITV News Channel this morning - as a guest on Live with Alistair Stewart.

Fairly interesting interview about his book, with Jon emphasising that like the viewers, he isn't neutral on every issue - and Alistair even plugging Channel 4 News at the end.
NW
nwtv2003
Brekkie Boy posted:
Jon Snow appeared on the ITV News Channel this morning - as a guest on Live with Alistair Stewart.

Fairly interesting interview about his book, with Jon emphasising that like the viewers, he isn't neutral on every issue - and Alistair even plugging Channel 4 News at the end.

I didn't see all of it, I saw the first couple of minutes, but as he was just going on about his book I switched off, but Alastair did mention that they did work together. Though strange to see Jon on ITV News, plus his head didn't look right mainly because of the CGI background in the studio. I am not suprised if Alastair got in trouble for promoting Channel 4 News! Laughing
:-(
A former member
nwtv2003 posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:

I didn't see all of it, I saw the first couple of minutes, but as he was just going on about his book I switched off, but Alastair did mention that they did work together. Though strange to see Jon on ITV News, plus his head didn't look right mainly because of the CGI background in the studio. I am not suprised if Alastair got in trouble for promoting Channel 4 News! Laughing

Why would he get in trouble? ITV News and C4 news are both produced by ITN and both come from the same building! Rolling Eyes
NW
nwtv2003
P7OUT1E posted:
nwtv2003 posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:

Why would he get in trouble? ITV News and C4 news are both produced by ITN and both come from the same building! Rolling Eyes

Yes I do realise the fact they are both produced by the same people, but the ITV News Channel is a business owned by ITV Plc, where as Channel 4 is a different commercial rival to ITV. It is different than the times when they used to cross promote each other.
BR
Brekkie
He was quite subtle about it though - he talked about Jon Snow and C4 News, showed a couple of clips (the Alistair Campbell one) and then said he'd be watching at 7pm tonight.

Newer posts