TV Home Forum

LWT Returns ?

(October 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FR
freerj
Not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else but last and tonight at the end of the local London weather Penelope Keith has been saying "BMI sponsors of LWT Weather". I don't think I've heard that since LWT disappeared. Could this have been an old recording or possibly a return of the brand for local output after November 1st ?
LO
Londoner
Yes, I noticed it last night and mentioned it in the London Tonight thread.

I thought it must be a mistake, but if they played it again tonight, then maybe it wasn't
GB
GavBelfast
I sense something here - while LWT branding was still in existence, the trail was "London Weekend Weather" wasn't it? The it changed to "London weather at the weekend".

Must be something afoot.
TV
tvmercia Founding member
freerj posted:
Not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else but last and tonight at the end of the local London weather Penelope Keith has been saying "BMI sponsors of LWT Weather". I don't think I've heard that since LWT disappeared. Could this have been an old recording or possibly a return of the brand for local output after November 1st ?

do the carlton weather sponsors now differ to the lwt sponsors?
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
I'm pretty certain they always have, Mr VAT Crime.
LO
Londoner
tvmercia posted:
do the carlton weather sponsors now differ to the lwt sponsors?

Yes, that has always been the case. Currently Topps Tiles is the weekday sponsor, with BMI at weekends.
CR
cromerlad
Noticed on 'It'll be alright on the night (insert random number here)' they mentioned in the credits 'LWT would like to thank' - and 'recorded at Meridian Studios'...how f***ed up is ITV at the moment? Mr Allen MAKE YOUR MIND UP! - is ITV regional or not.
IS
Inspector Sands
cromerlad posted:
Noticed on 'It'll be alright on the night (insert random number here)' they mentioned in the credits 'LWT would like to thank' - and 'recorded at Meridian Studios'...how f***ed up is ITV at the moment? Mr Allen MAKE YOUR MIND UP! - is ITV regional or not.

What's that got to do with it, IBAOTN isn't a regional programme, Networked programmes have always been made all over the country, 'LWT' are just using a meridian studio like they did last time.
CR
cromerlad
Inspector Sands posted:
cromerlad posted:

What's that got to do with it, IBAOTN isn't a regional programme, Networked programmes have always been made all over the country, 'LWT' are just using a meridian studio like they did last time.
Pardon me
JO
Johnny83
Bring back LWT!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't been the same since they dissapeared, but then again it hasn' tbeen the same since Thames & Central went (get's punched for still going on like a tw*t)

Incidently Glen Thompsett was on Screenshop the other night
JC
Jack Carkdale
cromerlad posted:
Inspector Sands posted:
cromerlad posted:

Pardon me

I think, Inspector Sands, that perhaps what cromerlad was driving at was not the fact that it was recorded at the Meridian studios, but the fact that "Meridian" (and indeed " LWT would like to thank..." ) was written on screen.

As ITV is meant to appear fairly singular, something more ambiguous (e.g. " We would like to thank..." and "recored at the ITV Maidstone studios" (or Southampton or whatever)) would seem more in keeping with the stated aim of less regionality.
DB
dbl
Functional Aesthetic posted:
cromerlad posted:
Inspector Sands posted:
cromerlad posted:

Pardon me

I think, Inspector Sands, that perhaps what cromerlad was driving at was not the fact that it was recorded at the Meridian studios, but the fact that "Meridian" (and indeed " LWT would like to thank..." ) was written on screen.

As ITV is meant to appear fairly singular, something more ambiguous (e.g. " We would like to thank..." and "recored at the ITV Maidstone studios" (or Southampton or whatever)) would seem more in keeping with the stated aim of less regionality.
Don't forget LWT does does some co-productions with Meridian. (By the way Maidstone is not owned by ITV it's "The foundation")

Newer posts