TV Home Forum

What was your favourite BBC2 ident(s) of Feb '91 to Nov '01?

(October 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PC
Paul Clark
While the 2 has been kept the same for many years now, since Nov '01 the actual idents have been the yellow background & animated white 2.

The previous idents that first arrived in February 1991 (and originally used "viridian" green as the associated colour) became many, each with their own look and accompanying music. They remain my favourite, and it is not surprising - they lasted for a whole decade!

What was your favourite ident of this time? There are so many choices, so you can pick more than one if you like!

My favourites? I'd say Diary (which had good music too) and Firecracker .

(It's perfectly possible that I could have ran a Poll to see what your favourite "2" idents were. However, the poll would have contained so many options that I thought it would be best to keep to replies/comments!).
NI
Nicky
My personal favourite BBC2 idents were Paint, Blade and the shortlived balloon (a funny choice!) as well as the spoofs and special themed ones - especially Birth and Velcro to mention but two - there are so many good ones I can't even remember now!
MS
Mr-Stabby
I loved the Dalek one, which i think they used for the Doctor Who night in 1999, it is a classic!
LU
luke-h
Firecracker and some film one that was used for a week. It was the same as Powder just it had a film canister in the shape of the 2 falling into a pile of film.
PC
Paul Clark
luke-h posted:
Firecracker and some film one that was used for a week. It was the same as Powder just it had a film canister in the shape of the 2 falling into a pile of film.

That's probably the 50 Years Of Cinema / Centenary ident. It had it's own music, I can remember seeing that when it was used.
SP
Spencer
I'm not totally sure of the official names, but the fibre optic one, the swan, the insectocutor, the squeaky jumping toy were all favourites of mine... and I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of others too.

Newer posts