The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
tvmercia Founding member
Gavin Scott posted:
tvmercia posted:
i do hope bbc north have revised their fire evacuation plan for their new building to account for christa's new oversized breasts. i'd consider them a fire hazard.

I saw a thing on Hollywood Minute that said they explode in a cloud of halon extinguishing electrical fires. I think she'll need to paint them red to meet Heath & Safety regs though.

Katherine posted:
What a 'practical' suggestion.....

Oh, and if you bothered to read the thing properly, they were LIFTED, not enlarged.

Oh don't be naïve. Next you'll be telling me they shrunk her torso.

perhaps they could install a special winch with 3 harnesses, so they can lower her and her breastage down to the ground in the event of an evacuation. otherwise she might end up blocking the stairs, and we all know youre not aloud to use lifts in a fire.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
tvmercia posted:
perhaps they could install a special winch with 3 harnesses, so they can lower her and her breastage down to the ground in the event of an evacuation.

You'd need a half ton chain-hoist. I mean, those dirty pillows are bound to be a three man lift otherwise.
IN
intheknow
Where have the weekend bulletins been coming from? I remember it being said in this thread that they would be coming from Manchester, so all the lines etc. can be switched to the new building, is this what is actually happening?
SP
Spencer
intheknow posted:
Where have the weekend bulletins been coming from? I remember it being said in this thread that they would be coming from Manchester, so all the lines etc. can be switched to the new building, is this what is actually happening?

Ian White said on Friday night that he'd be doing the last bulletin from Woodhouse Lane on Sunday. Also the Politics Show looked like it was from the usual studio in Leeds today.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Boydy was certainly in the normal studio for LN Saturday yesterday...
AN
Andrew Founding member
This morning's SLS was presented from a rugby league ground instead of the studio with Harry wearing his coat. It was obviously recorded as Harry didn't quite get the idea of pretending its live, he kept saying there was more rugby action on Grandstand 'on sunday afternoon'!

After SLS there was squashed to 16:9 bounce ident before crashing back into the tennis.

So the last Look North from Woodhouse Lane had Ian White turning the light off and standing up. He didn't seem to actually be self-op-ing tonight as you could see his hands and he didn't press any buttons when it cut to the shot of Woodhouse Lane at the end.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Ian White from the self-op but not driving it himself (mixes out of reports back to the studio rather than cuts gave that one away, plus the fact that we could see his hands)... well except to turn the lights off at the end as he stood up and removed his mic to "go pack".

I know it's been said here that the new building doesn't have a self-op but has one studio and two galleries, one a traditional one and one that can be operated by one person... if there is only one studio does that mean that Hull's weather will always have to be recorded? Or is there a CSO position for weather seperate to the studio? And if there is, is it behind the smaller gallery desk so that it could be used as a self-op if they wanted to?

(I assume by the fact that it's done from the self-op studio rather than the main Leeds set that it has been live usually)
AC
Acrobats
Strange back drop, but very nice coffee desk and weather screen. Smile
FO
Foxpresident
Can someone please please please post snapshots...

i'm back at uni and i can't watch it where I am...

Oh I wish I had satelite.... Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
AC
Acrobats
I'll post some captures very shortly.
Not a good start though, the 1pm Skateboarders wouldn't start Surprised
KA
Katherine Founding member
The new Leeds studio looks exactly like the Hull one, apart from the desk - WELL TRENDY!

Is Clare sitting on a sofa or a chair?
AC
Acrobats
Katherine posted:
The new Leeds studio looks exactly like the Hull one, apart from the desk - WELL TRENDY!

Is Clare sitting on a sofa or a chair?

A Sofa!

Newer posts