The Newsroom

TVE Telediaro

It's different (September 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HC
Hatton Cross
Something I noticed yesterday whilst flicking through the 800's channels on Sky Digital.

It appears that TVE (Spain) relaunched the news on Monday. The old set was a mixture of blues and blacks with the odd tv monitor throw in for good measure. The new set is a cold and harsh looking one of greys and white and a massive back projection screen behind the presenter.

Graphics and astons are pretty unspectacular but functional and the music...Now the music is a very 'familiar' mix of thuderclaps and beeps. It's not the BBC music exactly - but does pass more than a resembleance to it.

I don't have a tv card so no captures, and the TVE website doesn't appear (but then I can't speak Spanish!) to upload past news broadcasts.

Just thought I mention it...
TE
TELEVISION
There are two studios that we see on TVE on Sky. One is for the main TVE bulletins ( like BBC 1 ) and the other is Canal 24 Horas ( like BBC News 24 ). So I don't think there was a relaunch.

The studio you are talking about - Does the screen behind the presenter have Telediaro stretching in and out - if so, that is the one used for Canal 24 Horas, and the Breakfast News programme.
:-(
A former member
actually, the Telediario look has changed last week.

a week before, the Canal 24 Horas studio was its temporary home.

pictures and video of the2002-'04 look here.
Last edited by A former member on 24 September 2004 5:24pm
HC
Hatton Cross
TELEVISION posted:

The studio you are talking about - Does the screen behind the presenter have Telediaro stretching in and out - if so, that is the one used for Canal 24 Horas, and the Breakfast News programme.

Yep, I've seen moving footage on the screen as the presenter is introducing the report - so I guess it is the slightly different TVE news 24!

Newer posts