The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Was that an old style (pre-LDN style) sting used at the start of Look North tonight or is it me? Also Ian White finally mastered the closing music tonight and it played properly at the right time and in the right place!

Finally, Regional presenters are appearing on the ITV News Channel more regularly these days but so far nobody from Calendar has done it, who do you think could look the part presenting at weekends on the NC, or is there really nobody suitable? Live with Faye Barker maybe? Live with Gaynor Barnes? Karen Petch? Yunus Mulla?!
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Live with Richard Whitley? Didn't he start off as an ITN reporter
Write that down in your copybook now.
KA
Katherine Founding member
Look North Hull on new health and fitness drive to promote exercise and healthy eating with their very own 'Captain Lard' super hero who is a PE teacher in the real world......... erm............. 'novel'?

Introductory graphic is s sausage rotating on a plate until it gets to the 12:00 position then it explodes and you get the Captain Lard title caption.......... this has left even me baffled!
HU
huddy
Kat, thanks for your personal message, but as i've already told you, I don't deal with them - anything you've got to say do it on the forum.

Really, you need to get out more. Quoting the rules of the forum (does anybody actually read rules on anything?) to me is somewhat tedious and irrelevant.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Did you all see Peter Levy on national telly this morning?

I didn't see the actual report but he popped up briefly at 7.27am promoting some story about Hull 'but first the news, travel and weather where you are'.

This means Claire started the bulletin 'Thanks Peter' which was sereal. Clare was also without her weather and travel system this morning.
TV
tvmercia Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Andrew posted:
Did you all see Peter Levy on national telly this morning?

I didn't see the actual report but he popped up briefly at 7.27am promoting some story about Hull 'but first the news, travel and weather where you are'.

This means Claire started the bulletin 'Thanks Peter' which was sereal. Clare was also without her weather and travel system this morning.

it seemed like he was on forever! on and on and on about hull. did he do it live at 8.50 - or was it pre-recorded from earlier?
Gorbachevning boshda katta xolli bor
IT
InTune Founding member
Quote:
Radio Leeds was better when it was a newstalk station, not just another BBC Local Station that believes its remit is to continually play Mantovani or Elvis all day and talk about lost dogs, tea parties at Mrs Enid Pancreas house or antiques with some bloke with an unbelievably silly name

You've not listened for a long time then.
CR
cromerlad
Yep, I caught Mr Levy on National (Bizarrly the first time I've watched 'BREAKFAST' for at least a year.)...why front him with a POPSTARS (IDOL-how do I know) BIRD!!!

GO PETE!
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
damn didn't see Breakfast this morning, don't suppose anyone has captures?
Write that down in your copybook now.
KA
Don't know if anyone saw this in the Sunday Express, but the reason for one of Christa's absences recently has now come to light. In her most recent column for the newspaper, the main title is 'I'm Proud to Join the Nip and Tuck Gang'. She's had her Jolly Rogers raised! Quote below:

Quote:
When I had two weeks off to take a little gravity to where gravity had gone before, there were the inevitable "has she or hasn't she?" comments.

Well yes, I hereby admit to having cosmetic surgery, to lifting my boobs, which had gone south after childbirthand years of dieting, and putting them firmly back where they belong. And what's the big deal? I wish I had done it years ago.

Having said that, I'm not one of those people who says it's a life-changing experience. I think you've got to be in the right frame of mind with enough money in the bank to feel it's an extravagance you can live without..............

Cosmetic surgery is not a matter of creating Jordan-esque proportions and, if anyone dares to ask me if they are real, I can say honestly, yes, even if they are a little higher.....

I have to say that I hadn't noticed at all!! But then I'm not one to go round ogling the chests of my fellow sisterhood members.....
AS
Aston London London
(Quote removed)

Well listen to Lincs FM then Rolling Eyes
KA
(Quote removed)

And what's wrong with that?

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic