Media Websites

The (Metropol) Lounge

Registering problems? (September 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
Colm
I have just attempted to register on The Lounge, and I found that my attempt was unsuccessful as my Hotmail address was "banned".

Has anyone else who uses TV Forum and also wants to register to the Lounge experienced this problem?

I feel bad asking, but is there a reason why my Hotmail address has been banned from the Lounge? Is there something I have personally done or said to anyone that has resulted in me being barred from registering to the Lounge?

Or is this a problem with all Hotmail addresses and should I try to register using a different address?

I know I should contact one of the Metropol admins about this probelm, but I thought I'd bring this matter up on the boards in case I'm not the only person affected by this.

Cheers in advance Smile
AS
Asa Admin
It's the same policy on here, Col. Any Hotmail/Yahoo addresses are blocked (older members were excluded) to reduce the likelihood of spammers or other such idiots who typically use those email sites. I'm sure it's nothing personal!
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Yes it is just as Asa says, webmail accounts are not sufficient 'insurance' against those troublesome types with too much time on their hands.

If you have an email based on your ISP you would be welcome to come along and join.

Your email address can be kept private, so no one other than the site administrator can view it - and these are never passed on to anyone.
:-(
A former member
Asa posted:
to reduce the likelihood of spammers or other such idiots who typically use those email sites.

Tut tut tut - that's blatant predjudice! Don't be suprised if this is brought up at the court of human rights!!
CO
Colm
Thanks Asa and Gavin Smile
SA
Salty Founding member
B B C posted:
Asa posted:
to reduce the likelihood of spammers or other such idiots who typically use those email sites.

Tut tut tut - that's blatant predjudice! Don't be suprised if this is brought up at the court of human rights!!

Try it.
CO
Colm
Typical, I try registering to the forum under my work address, and it doesn't recognise address with apostrophes in them like most practical web forums!!! Rolling Eyes
MA
Martin Founding member
I would have replied sooner but I've only just came across this thread now.

As Gavin and Asa have already explained it's basically to stop problem posters from registering, then registering again, and one more time for luck. Thats not to say everyone registering on Hotmail is a troublemaker but its just the small few that spoil it.

I've contacted Col and hopefully his registration is now sorted.

Thanks)) Martin

20 days later

JO
Johnny83
I haven't logged into metropol for ages but my user name has gone up the wall. I opened a BT Internet account to log onto here & Metropol. The account on here, I have had no problems with but on Metropol it keeps telling me my password is incorrect, even though i ain't changed it & when I try to re register under a diffrent name it tells me the email address is in use by another account.

Can anyone please help!?!?!?!?
MA
Martin Founding member
Sorry about that.

Jonny - I've sent you a pm that should solve the problem.

Thanks)) Martin

Newer posts