TV Home Forum

Change to CBBC Promos...?

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
YE
yellow_hello
I've just seen a promotional ad for 'Dick & Dom in Da Bungalow' on BBC TWO and it featured the 3D moving bug in the bottom-right corner, much like in all the other BBC channel promos, but not as a rectangle. As the red caption strip came up, the bug jumped up and left the screen, returning for the final caption-free shot at the end.
I believe this is the first time it has come about, but I may be wrong. Any chance of some screen caps??
yellow.
FA
fanoftv
yellow_hello posted:
I've just seen a promotional ad for 'Dick & Dom in Da Bungalow' on BBC TWO and it featured the 3D moving bug in the bottom-right corner, much like in all the other BBC channel promos, but not as a rectangle. As the red caption strip came up, the bug jumped up and left the screen, returning for the final caption-free shot at the end.
I believe this is the first time it has come about, but I may be wrong. Any chance of some screen caps??
yellow.

I saw that after today's CBBC on Two this morning, well afternoon by the time it had finished.

It was new, well by my liking, and the aston looks smaller to, that may just be my eyes though!

I thought that it could have been because the trailer was out on the streets, they've used it to make sure viewers know that it's for CBBC, though they would at the end of the trailer anyway.

They could make it smaller and leave it on the screen, but I did like the way that it jumped and left the screen.
I think they used it before a bit like CBeebies have as part of the bar.
And of course when the channel launched and CBBC One & Two relaunched, the bugs were used on every trailer, now we're lucky if we see them anywhere.
WM
Weather Man
Can i ask when Dick & Dom are back?? This is wierd, I, their biggest fan (and they know it) dont even know when the show is starting back!!
FA
fanoftv
Weather Man posted:
Can i ask when Dick & Dom are back?? This is wierd, I, their biggest fan (and they know it) dont even know when the show is starting back!!

Saturday September 11th 2004, back on BBC One & the CBBC Channel from 9.

What I didn't like about the last series was that it was shorter, not only on the Saturday, but one the sunday too.

Perhaps a way around it would be to link to TOTP Saturday through Dick & Dom, continue da bungalow on the CBBC Channel and then rejoin BBC One for the end of the show.
DJ
DJ Dave
Why do they stick it on Both channels? Really it would be better if they stuck something else on the CBBC Channel.
FA
fanoftv
DJ Dave posted:
Why do they stick it on Both channels? Really it would be better if they stuck something else on the CBBC Channel.

That's a very good point.

Maybe on BBC One on a Saturday with a D&D extra, and then the show on a sunday.
I wonder why they do it surely it won't be good for the ratings, they could get higher ratings on BBC One if it wasn't on the channel.
WM
Weather Man
Leave It As It IS!!! 2 shows a week is great and each is different!!
FA
fanoftv
Weather Man posted:

Nobody's saying have just one show. We're trying to suss out why Saturday's Programme is still shown on the CBBC Channel, when they would get a higher audience if it was solely on BBC One, though I'm unsure to how many people do watch it on the CBBC Channel.

Sunday's show should continue, there's nothing else on a sunday morning - though I wish it would go back to 9 - 12 instead of 9 - 11.
On saturday you've got D&D/TOTP, MoM/CD:UK, Soccer AM and even Saturday Kitchen, where as on sunday it's the only good un religious live programme!

It was good how they used the channel thing to their advantage by having a different programme on each channel, so that the viewers got a choice!
JB
JB
fanoftv posted:
Weather Man posted:

Nobody's saying have just one show. We're trying to suss out why Saturday's Programme is still shown on the CBBC Channel, when they would get a higher audience if it was solely on BBC One, though I'm unsure to how many people do watch it on the CBBC Channel.

Sunday's show should continue, there's nothing else on a sunday morning - though I wish it would go back to 9 - 12 instead of 9 - 11.
On saturday you've got D&D/TOTP, MoM/CD:UK, Soccer AM and even Saturday Kitchen, where as on sunday it's the only good un religious live programme!

It was good how they used the channel thing to their advantage by having a different programme on each channel, so that the viewers got a choice!

That was only because the CBBC channel didn't have the rights to some of the shows they wanted to put on BBC1, I don't think they would have chose it like that given the choice!
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
It also allows them to show a 'magic video' that plays one programme on BBC 1 and another programme on the CBBC Channel.

Quote:
Perhaps a way around it would be to link to TOTP Saturday through Dick & Dom, continue da bungalow on the CBBC Channel and then rejoin BBC One for the end of the show.

Potentially that would be a good way of the BBC retaining viewers. However the CBBC Channel could end up stealing too many viewers away from TOTP Saturday, which may not be popular with some.

I may be wrong with programme length but it easily go as follows:
9am - 11:00am D&D (both channels)
11:00 - 11:30am TOTP Saturday on BBC 1 whilst D&D continued on CBBC Channel
11:30 - 12:00pm D&D (both channels)

However I suspect the BBC will stick to the programme times they used when D&D was last on.
AJ
AJB
yellow_hello posted:
yellow.

I think it's probably just because the promo will be shown outside CBBC airtime. They've put the logo on the end of the aston before when they've been advertising shows outside CBBC time a ear or two ago, so I presume it's that.
BE
Ben Founding member
AJB posted:
yellow_hello posted:
yellow.

I think it's probably just because the promo will be shown outside CBBC airtime. They've put the logo on the end of the aston before when they've been advertising shows outside CBBC time a ear or two ago, so I presume it's that.

I'd say you were right, as it's not obviously a trailer for a CBBC programme either is it? I wasn't looking at the screen at first and wondered what it was for, admitidly I spotted Dick and Dom before the CBBC logo.

Newer posts