The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
So, from the method of quoting used above, do I get the impression that Glorfindel and Katherine are one and the same person?

Would never have believed it.
KA
Katherine Founding member
Nick Harvey posted:
So, from the method of quoting used above, do I get the impression that Glorfindel and Katherine are one and the same person?

Would never have believed it.

I'm experimenting with new layouts! It's like what you see on really cheapo CDs.... "Some artist tracks have been re-recorded"...... Glorfindel's not me BTW.....
AN
Andrew Founding member
It should be noted that the Yorkshire Night Network has also relaunched with new jingles, which means you can also hear the new sound on BBC Radios York, Sheffield and Humberside (on the air right now Wink )

The Alex Hall Late Show is now on its third phone number this year!

Oh and I'm sure its Trish Bertram doing the jingles, it certainly sounds like her
SP
Spencer
Steve in Pudsey posted:
What happenned at York? A protest that they're the only one of the BBC North stations not to get a new building?

The York edition of the breakfast show went quiet sometime around 7am. After that, they rebroadcast the Harrogate breakfast show across all transmitters after listeners complained the silence was more interesting than normal output.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Do both breakfast shows originate from York or is Harrogate's version from a studio there?
ST
Steve Founding member
Andrew posted:

Oh and I'm sure its Trish Bertram doing the jingles, it certainly sounds like her

Glad it's not just me...!

But what on earth is it with the weather jingle - "Radio Leeds Satellite Weather with meteorologist Paul Hudson"... blimey - what on earth does that mean?! I can understand wanting to play on the fact they have a real weather person instead of all commerical radio where it's read by the presenter but 'satellite'. Oh dear...
KA
Katherine Founding member
New initiative on the Hull Look North in the novelty article front: they now have a variation on the 'Leave it to Levy' theme, 'Leave THEM To Levy'! Parents can drop their kids off with Peter, have a day off from them while Peter entertains them for a day! My parents have asked me to ask Peter when exactly can they leave me with Levy to get me out of their hair for a day!! Cheeky gits....
ST
Steve Founding member
You have to wonder what that's got to do with regional news... the Hull creche short-staffed is it? Peter looking for colleagues his own size?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Spencer For Hire posted:
Andrew posted:
So to today's Radio Leeds relaunch...

Andrew Edwards and Liz Rhodes did the first hour of the Breakfast show from Woodhouse Lane, then between 7 and 8am they did the show live from the streets of Leeds walking from Woodhouse Lane via the Merrion Centre where Radio Leeds began broadcasting from in 1968, all this part so far using the old jingles and then finally arriving at Quarry Hill just before 8am, just in time for the new top of the hour jingle for today's West Yorkshire - BBC Radio Leeds.

Sounds like a nice touch - I wish I'd heard it.:

Here for everyone is yesterday's 8am relaunch

click here (2117KB 134 secs)

It comes complete with the final few moments of Andrew and Liz walking to the new studio in the rain including a funny moment, the first airing of the new jingle and TOTH sequence featuring news headlines, weather and travel. The latter including mentions of the Lofthouse Interchange and traffic backing up from J27 at Gildersome for all you travel fans.

And here's BBC Radio Leeds Satellite weather which Steve mentioned earlier

Click Here (237KB 20secs) EDIT: I've changed this one to one that doesn't have a dodgy fade, although the bed seems to be being played very loud!
SP
Spencer
Thanks for posting them. Nice new jingles as well! It almost makes me wish I was still working there with all the excitement of the move!

Not sure about the 'Satellite Weather'... although I remember another station in the area having 'Radar Weather' not that long ago (could have been Radio Aire IIRC) which is even more nonky!
HU
huddy
Katherine posted:
New initiative on the Hull Look North in the novelty article front: they now have a variation on the 'Leave it to Levy' theme, 'Leave THEM To Levy'! Parents can drop their kids off with Peter, have a day off from them while Peter entertains them for a day! My parents have asked me to ask Peter when exactly can they leave me with Levy to get me out of their hair for a day!! Cheeky gits....

They're probably fed up about you banging on about the BBC and like most of us would like to drop you off!

As for brand loyalty, what a joke - more like incessant creeping to try and get a runners job with the BBC.

It has to be said that your BBC stance simply appears to be like a small child just accepting something (like a football team) is right and forever defending them for ever more. Face it, the BBC is overstaffed, over funded and plainly poor. I challenge you to come up with a BBC schedule you think I would like, that is sufficiently different from other commercial channels. Go on, take up my challenge Kat!
AN
Andrew Founding member
Steve posted:
I can understand wanting to play on the fact they have a real weather person instead of all commerical radio where it's read by the presenter but 'satellite'. Oh dear...

The travel jingle is just as competitive. Click Here (135KB 8 secs)
"With more updates than the other guys". I take it then that none of the likes of Real Radio, Radio Aire, The Pulse and of course Huddersfield's Home 107.9 do travel every 15 minutes in peak time!

Newer posts