TV Home Forum

BBC World Theme Makes It To BBC-2

David Lowe's Theme Played This Morning on 2 (August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MB
MalcyB
At 6.00am this morning on BBC-2 presentation told us "Until Breakfast in an hours time we'll leave you to chill-out with "Pages From Ceefax" and some music". Then they played "World Connection" from David Lowe's BBC World CD and "Nation To Nation" before going into some other world type library music. At 6.55am they played the BBC World TV Mix from the David Lowe CD and you just got a couple of notes of "Asian Dream" before the trailer at 6.58.15.
AS
Asa Admin
Did they bother with an ident then at 6am, after the LZ?
MB
MalcyB
Yes they did. Dean Lydiate made the announcement about chilling out over the BBC-2 Formation Ident.
DE
deejay
One of the tracks from the BBC World CD (Asian Dream I think) has frequently been used on Channel 5's House Doctor programme during the "reveal" sequences ...
:-(
A former member
slightly off-topic, but what's the music used in the honda ad with all the car parts rolling about?
GM
nodnirG kraM
Completely off topic more like.
The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
DA
DAS Founding member
Slightly off topic, sorry, but could anyone tell me how busy Stockholm-Bromma City Airport in Sweden is at this time of year?
MN
MarkN Founding member
DAS posted:
Slightly off topic, sorry, but could anyone tell me how busy Stockholm-Bromma City Airport in Sweden is at this time of year?

Very. Next question? Smile
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Oh for goodness sake....

Moving on... We've just had the same songs again this morning... talk about "More Music Variety" lol
MB
MalcyB
After the LZ at 6am this morning and before the BBC-2 Bounce Ident came on screen, there was a 1-second snapshot of the following white letters on black background: -

Audio Suite 1 x81087
=================
BBC TWO IDENT SOMBRE BOUNCE LONG+
2/09/LX/N

AGE 1 OVERTY
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
And guess what...? They've played it again (Sam) this morning! I'm going to presume this is a special Olympics/News type disc... Lets hope they have something different lined up for next weeks gaps... particularly for what looks like an 80 minute gap next Friday night.
BB
BBC Scotland
Thank you James Hall for the following...

"Please continue this discussion in this thread."

Do you really have nothing better to do than redirect people? It is sad to see these boards being treated like this. I remember the golden days of TV Forum - when people were free to talk without their messages being closed, redirected and so on.

Have you considered a job with government? I am sure they could use another 'people controller'.

Bring back the balloons and the good ole days of TV FORUM.

Newer posts