The Newsroom

Granada Reports

Weekdays at 6pm ITV 1 (June 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DJ
DJ Dave
Yeah it happens at the end of June normally, and there is nothing about it on Paul's website.
TI
This Is Granada
Phil posted:
Yeah it was Steve Hadley - reminded me of Derren Brown. Thought he was about to shoot himself in the head actually...

Thank God Jo Blyth was on Granada Weather today. So is this new Guy the one replacing Simon Gilbert who left. Why do GMG Weather need 5 anyway. The 4 of them (Jo, Jon, Debbie, Kerrie) are just fine on their own.
DO
D-O-P
Whatever happened to Andrew Brittain? Is he doing any voice over work or presenting? There was a time when he seemed to voice everything on Granada. Back in the good old days with Colin Weston and Charles Foster... Charles Foster - now there's voice! What's he doing now?
ST
South Today
D-O-P posted:
Whatever happened to Andrew Brittain? Is he doing any voice over work or presenting? There was a time when he seemed to voice everything on Granada. Back in the good old days with Colin Weston and Charles Foster... Charles Foster - now there's voice! What's he doing now?

Do you mean Adrian Britton becasue he works at ITN??
DO
D-O-P
Quote:

No - Andrew Brittain used to be an in-vision presenter and news reader on Granada. He seems to be just doing corporate presentations these days. I also found out that Charles Foster is apparently playing a court clerk in Mersey TV's 'The Courtroom'. Don't know about his acting ability but he had a great voice!
NW
nwtv2003
D-O-P posted:
Quote:

No - Andrew Brittain used to be an in-vision presenter and news reader on Granada. He seems to be just doing corporate presentations these days. I also found out that Charles Foster is apparently playing a court clerk in Mersey TV's 'The Courtroom'. Don't know about his acting ability but he had a great voice!

There's an ad at the minute where I am certain Charles Foster is the V/O, the one for the Private Prostate Cancer clinic and he makes it sound really serious too.
BS
Ben Shatliff
I watched most of North West Tonight and got a shock.

Not only did they feature a special report about the Cost of Food for Single Mums during the Summer Holidays, with the same two Mums that were interviewed on Granada Reports.

but also,

Dan Walker who is a Sports Presenter and Reporter on Granada Reports also did a Report.

What is going on.?.
DJ
DJ Dave
Dan has not been on for a while its been Ali, but i thought Dan was new to the team? Oh well, Anyway tonight at 10.45pm was really bad:

1st So was not ready when the crossed over.
2nd the First clip did not play stright away so it just was on hold for about 1min
3rd The sound was really bad start and ending at the wrong time.
4th So was nearly cut off when they went back to ITV News, as the bed was played to loud so you could not hear him much.

It was funny though tonight at 6pm as Tony was crying about his first Girlfriend saying she dumped him when he was 16. Then he was pulling jokes about Sven saying i bet he has been dumped a few times, "Nice one Nancy"
DJ
DJ Dave
Well what a shock, todays is with Lucy and Ally (sports presenter) which is odd as normaly its just Lucy or Lucy and So Rahman
BS
Ben Shatliff
DJ Dave posted:
Well what a shock, todays is with Lucy and Ally (sports presenter) which is odd as normaly its just Lucy or Lucy and So Rahman

Interesting to see who will do the Sports News.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Benjamin F. Shatliff posted:
DJ Dave posted:

Interesting to see who will do the Sports News.

Oh well looking like a dual sports update.
NW
nwtv2003
They must be reading this forum and it's suggestion, it was nice to see Ally doing normal presenting, he was very good at it, Granada Reports is better dual-anchored IMO.

Newer posts