TV Home Forum

The GMTV Thread

(July 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
jordo posted:
I hope GMTV doesnt change its titles this coming September- although I wish they would go back to the red and white GMTV logo for promotions, when it was used, last September, looked much moderner and tidier and better. I havnt watch GMTV for a bit, anything happened?

I think they should change their titles because they're a bit in ya face, although the News Hour titles should change.

Any more news on this relaunch anyone?

15 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
Well on GMTV lately its the summer dream team of Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard. Andrew Castle has only been on one week as he took two weeks off for Wimbledon and is now on at least a 3 week holiday.
WE
Westy2
How good / bad was Penny Smith on 'Stars In Their Eyes'?

Is there normally a running joke about Penny's age?

I'm sure she says she's 37, but she's rumored to be much older !
TE
TELEVISION
Westy2 posted:

She is 39. Check this website called Internet Movie Database, and at the top left type in anyones name on tv and it tells you about them, not just actors.

www.imdb.com
NW
nwtv2003
TELEVISION posted:
Westy2 posted:

She is 39. Check this website called Internet Movie Database, and at the top left type in anyones name on tv and it tells you about them, not just actors.

www.imdb.com

I don't think she's 39, apparently she is 45 or 46! And quite nice for that age too! Wink
TV
TVDragon
TELEVISION posted:
Westy2 posted:

www.imdb.com

Well now far be it for me to be ungallant about a woman's age, but she's a little bit older than that -- imdb must have fallen for the 37 thing, though to be fair she looks good on it.

Penny had lied about her age for years until someone she worked with on a Peterborough newspaper mentioned it in an article and Eamonn read it out on the programme. To her horror. Though it's still a running joke now -- Penny's 37 again this year.

She comes across really well in interviews. Mad as a box of frogs mind you.
WE
Westy2
TVDragon posted:
TELEVISION posted:
Westy2 posted:

www.imdb.com

Well now far be it for me to be ungallant about a woman's age, but she's a little bit older than that -- imdb must have fallen for the 37 thing, though to be fair she looks good on it.

Penny had lied about her age for years until someone she worked with on a Peterborough newspaper mentioned it in an article and Eamonn read it out on the programme. To her horror. Though it's still a running joke now -- Penny's 37 again this year.

She comes across really well in interviews. Mad as a box of frogs mind you.

As a brief viewer (about 10 mins normally!) each morning, you're not wrong there!
AN
Andrew Founding member
A fairly new development is an GMTV ident featuring Kate and Ben. When they were first introduced there was a Kate and Andrew one and a Ben and Jenni one but not one of this combination.

Next week on GMTV...

The News Hour is being presented by Andrew Castle and Penny Smith except on Friday when it will be Andrew Castle and Carla Romano.

GMTV Today will be with Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway all week.

Also notice its always the female News Hour presenter who goes on to do the news during GMTV Today, I wonder why never have they got the male presenter to do it even just the once for a change.
YO
yogibarney
Andrew posted:

Also notice its always the female News Hour presenter who goes on to do the news during GMTV Today, I wonder why never have they got the male presenter to do it even just the once for a change.

That means that John Stapelton will av to av a drink or sit behind a small desk!
AN
Andrew Founding member
For the next fortnight GMTV Today will be with Kate Garraway and Andrew Castle.

Next week the News Hour will be with Penny Smith and Richard Gaisford. The following week it'll be with John Stapleton and Carla Romano.

Also, I wonder whether Duncan Wood and Helen Morton ever appeared in the GMTV studio together, Duncan apprantly presented the News Hour one summer and Helen used to a be a GMTV newsreader
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Andrew posted:
For the next fortnight GMTV Today will be with Kate Garraway and Andrew Castle.

Next week the News Hour will be with Penny Smith and Richard Gaisford. The following week it'll be with John Stapleton and Carla Romano.

Also, I wonder whether Duncan Wood and Helen Morton ever appeared in the GMTV studio together, Duncan apprantly presented the News Hour one summer and Helen used to a be a GMTV newsreader

Did she ? I thought she was the Hollywood reporter ?
AN
Andrew Founding member
I think she did occasional filling in, as this from Current Buns proves:
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/helenmortongmtv.jpg

Newer posts