TV Home Forum

UKTV on DVB

(February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
spudmaster
wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of uk bright ideas and uk history channels, on the freeview platform and make a new single uktv channel featuring programmes from all of the range of channels

then if u want the best of all of the channels then you would simply subscribe to satellite/cable.

i have nothing against the two exisiting channles on DVB, but surely this would be an improvement to the freeview platform!!!
:-(
A former member
I'd much rather have UKBI which broadcasts *original* programming from UK Style and Food rather than a channel showign the best terrestrial repeats from the other UKTV channels
GC
GaryC
on DVB?

its DTT: Digital Terrestrial Television
DVB is the encoding/stream format thats common on both DTT and Dsat, and in some contries Digital Cable
CC
CyberCD
spudmaster posted:
wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of uk bright ideas and uk history channels, on the freeview platform and make a new single uktv channel featuring programmes from all of the range of channels

Er...... that's what UKBI and FTN are there for?
PE
Pete Founding member
I won't have a word said against UK History, it's a fab channel.

UKBI could do with being replaced, my mam says UK Style was much better.
KE
keithgreer
I think that UKistory is one of the best digital channels on Freeview, but I never watch UKBrightIdeas. I always watch Ftn.

Newer posts