TV Home Forum

Whats Next for ITV?

Whats more important - More channels, ITV.com, or ITV Radio? (February 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I was wondering today, what will be ITV's newest venture after ITV3 launches.

We've already had

Arrow A reformed and much improved ITV News
Arrow and now a 3rd channel.

So what do you think is next for ITV when ITV3 is up?
Last edited by A former member on 24 February 2004 4:22pm - 3 times in total
MB
Mark Boulton
ITV4? Twisted Evil
TI
This Is Granada
ITV Kids or CiTV channel or whatever its going to be called. Also its likely that ITV1+1 hour will be coming this year too.

We could also have an 'ITV Gold' channel too (or more likely Granada PLUS renamed)
A former member
Carlton Cinema also may be returning under the new name ITV Movies.
TI
This Is Granada
Tumble weed posted:

Really? Oh...not heard that before. Where's this come from then?
A former member
This Is Granada posted:
Tumble weed posted:

Really? Oh...not heard that before. Where's this come from then?

It has been rumoured for a while. Only rumours though.

I think it's time for ITV to fight against multi channel TV. I think an ITV Sports Channel would be nice. If they could outbid SKY for the rights to all the footy, they'd be on to a winner. EItherway, they want to be keeping viewers watching all night, not giving them the option to turn over to BBC1 and watching something else, then catch Corrie on ITV1+1.

An interesting channel package anyhow:

ITV1
ITV2
ITV Gold (sounds better than ITV3 imo)
ITV Kids
ITV Movies
ITV News Channel

Seriously though, will "ITV1+1" (lol... it's ITV2) be of any use? I mean, it's not going to make their ratings rise if they further fragment their viewers. Or do all the showings of one programme count towards ratings?
LU
Luke
chrisb posted:

I think it's time for ITV to fight against multi channel TV. I think an ITV Sports Channel would be nice. If they could outbid SKY for the rights to all the footy, they'd be on to a winner.

I wouldn't think they'd go anywhere near multi-channel football rights after what happened with ITV Digital. Carlton and Granada not only damaged the ITV name, but cost them a lot of money which could've gone into drama, entertainment etc.

And "ITV Movies"? Are you sure??!
TI
This Is Granada
chrisb posted:
Seriously though, will "ITV1+1" (lol... it's ITV2) be of any use? I mean, it's not going to make their ratings rise if they further fragment their viewers. Or do all the showings of one programme count towards ratings?

I think ITV1+1 will be good as it will get the ITV1 name into Scotland and N.Ireland. I'm sure UTV/STV/Grampian wont be too pleased to have an ITV1 branded service intruding in their part of the world and also when UTV/STV/Grampian don’t show certain shows (e.g. Club Reps, Thurs at 11(only currently on ITV Eng at this time), or the 5:30pm Network Program) these viewers will now be able to watch them.
RO
roo
Quote:
I think ITV1+1 will be good as it will get the ITV1 name into Scotland and N.Ireland

What in your opinion is good about introducing the ITV1 name here?
A former member
ITV4? I can't see it.

ITV Soap might be an option, but that would almost wipe out ITV2 in one go Laughing
TI
This Is Granada
Barney Boo posted:
Quote:
I think ITV1+1 will be good as it will get the ITV1 name into Scotland and N.Ireland

What in your opinion is good about introducing the ITV1 name here?

In the eyes of Carlton & Granada/ITV PLC who as we all know would like these regions to be named ITV1. Its these lot who would think having an ITV1+1 would be good.

Anyway, I bets theres some Scots who pull their face when STV show something different.
A former member
ITV1+1 is an awful idea if you ask me.

ITV1
ITV2
ITV3
CITV
ITV Movies
ITV News Channel
ITV Sport

I think that would be a nice line up. ITV Kids sounds crap. Keep the CITV name!

Newer posts