TV Home Forum

Sky Digital

Unusual package bonus (January 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Just to let you know, that if you currently subscribe to Sky Sports World, which is Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports Extra, you can currently get Sky Movies 2, 4, 6 & 8 for no extra cost.

See this thread for further info.
:-(
A former member
fusionlad posted:
Just to let you know, that if you currently subscribe to Sky Sports World, which is Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3 and Sky Sports Extra, you can currently get Sky Movies 2, 4, 6 & 8 for no extra cost.

Why 2,4,6 & 8?
Wouldn't 1,2,3,4 be easier?
FU
That's just the way Sky have arranged the subscriptions.

You can either have 1, 3, 5, 7 or 2, 4, 6, 8 .

Or both of course. But the 'deal' only works on 2, 4, 6 & 8.
A former member
Is there anything distinctive about the 2 packages (odd and Even)?
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
fusionlad posted:
That's just the way Sky have arranged the subscriptions.

You can either have 1, 3, 5, 7 or 2, 4, 6, 8 .

Or both of course. But the 'deal' only works on 2, 4, 6 & 8.

All these numbers and no sign of Tom Robinson!
A former member
I would gather the better movies are on 1,3,5,7 etc

Saying that nice deal from SKY!
LU
Luke
Larry Scutta posted:

2,4,6,8 are the old Sky MovieMax channels, while 1,3,5,7,9 are the old Premier ones.
CW
cwathen Founding member
Quote:
Why 2,4,6 & 8?
Wouldn't 1,2,3,4 be easier?

2, 4, 6 & 8 are what used to be Moviemax which was always the lesser of the two.

And on that point, their replacement of Premier and Moviemax with a 1-9 numbered service was fairly pointless if they've continued to have a two tiered movie channel service. And now that they haven't confined them to groups, that does mean that if you only subscribe to one service, your channels aren't grouped together.
FU
Steve Hyden posted:
I would gather the better movies are on 1,3,5,7 etc

Saying that nice deal from SKY!

Yea, the advisors at Sky can't understand why it's being offered, because you're actually getting something for nothing. Shocked

It's all above board though, no hidden conditions or anything.
NW
nwtv2003
CPFC posted:
Larry Scutta posted:

2,4,6,8 are the old Sky MovieMax channels, while 1,3,5,7,9 are the old Premier ones.

NTL havent bothered to move the channels, so Sky Movies 1,3,5 and 7 were Premier 1-4 and Sky Movies 2,4,6,8 and 9 were Moviemax 1,2,3,5 and 4 for some odd reason. If Premier Widescreen still exsisted there would be a Sky Movies 10.

Though talking about a werid deal on NTL you can buy Sky Sports Xtra on its own, meaning you don't have to buy Sky Sports 1 and 2 to recieve the channel.
DU
Dunedin
What's the likelihood they get lots of people signed up and then up the price of Sky Sports world + Movies 2,4,6,8 by a couple of quid a month. Having the movie channels for a few months will make most of those people say they cannot be arsed to drop their subscription for a couple of quid...hence Sky make more money per customer. Or is it actually a "genuine mistake"
A former member
strangely, ever since I had Sky digital installed in 1999 (I think it was) I've always had Sky Sports 2 and 3 coming through to me and I have never subscribed to them. They're still there now.

I have always taken the 'Family pack' with no sports or movies.

I told them once a long time ago, in case I was mysteriously going to be charged for them, but they said they couldn't turn them off.

weird.

Newer posts