TV Home Forum

BBC NEWS "RELAUNCH"

(January 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AD
adam08
following the BBC News relaunch in December 2003, BBC World changed, please in this thread feel free to express your views on the new look BBC WORLD
Last edited by adam08 on 21 January 2004 5:37pm - 2 times in total
RT
rts Founding member
Easily over-looked being on page three, but this thread already open on this subject.
AD
adam08
O.K. minor error, but this includes a poll
OOH AND BEFORE I FORGET DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHEN THEY WILL REVAMP THE TITLES FOR BREAKFAST 1/6/10 YET?
IVE HEARD FEBRUARYS A GOOD MONTH BUT NOT SURE
Last edited by adam08 on 21 January 2004 5:00pm
BB
BBC unTALENT
I think the first incarnation of the corporate look on BBC World was the best... it just seemed to get weaker and more watered down after that and now the same graphic (it may be different but I certainly cannot notice many differences at all) is used for everything, from program titles to actual channel idents... and the countdown is awful!

I like the BBC World set but it looked better with the old graphics... the dark graphics on World now need a bright set like N24 so set them off.

The best incarnation of the new graphics set I think, is on the BBC NEWS 24 promo... the animation looks more '3d' untikl the end when the '24' appears as in the normal idents.
MD
mdtauk
adam, i'd suggest you quit using the caps lock, and learn some manners.

You can state your hatered on something, without shouting and swearing...
AD
adam08
martinDTanderson posted:
adam, i'd suggest you quit using the caps lock, and learn some manners.

You can state your hatered on something, without shouting and swearing...

Firstly im not anger, im livid! secondly the BBC ,a public funder organization manages single handly to change an informative,smart news programme into, well ITV, and yes another favorite news organization of mine
MD
mdtauk
BBC World is funded by adverts, not public money, and your opinions are not fact. Just because you dont like something doesnt make it bad.
SP
Spencer
adam08 posted:
so please if you feel the same, express your views.

Well judging by this comment, we're all supposed to agree with adam08 on this thread. Rolling Eyes
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I agree with 'psnowdon' in that the 2000 corporate look was by far the best look/sound. It was good when The World Today launched, and although it looked similar to the other World bulletins, it sounded different. They then rolled out the TWT theme across the whole channel, and it was a 'weaker' theme than the 2000 version.

As for now, in comparison to what it has been in the past, they've practically ruined BBC World in a presentation sense - it now uses practically the same titles and music as News 24. I can see this is an advantage for when they do joint bulletins, but there's no differentiation now. One thing I do like about the new World is the countdown music, and the channel ident music - those are nice remixes of the old theme. Apart from that, it's a clone of News 24.
AD
adam08
Spencer For Hire posted:
adam08 posted:

Well judging by this comment, we're all supposed to agree with adam08 on this thread. Rolling Eyes

where does it say that Confused:
SP
Spencer
adam08 posted:
Spencer For Hire posted:
adam08 posted:

where does it say that Confused:

"so please if you feel the same , express your views"

EDIT: Well, okay it doesn't anymore since you edited your first post.
AD
adam08
martinDTanderson posted:
BBC World is funded by adverts, not public money, and your opinions are not fact. Just because you dont like something doesnt make it bad.

like in the PM matin im not saying this is bad, and im certainly not questioning the BBC excellent reporting, but i am questioning the presentation of BBC world, it is in effect a clone of N24. now correct me if im wrong but in the UK are we, or are we not allowed to express an opinoin, within reasonable grounds?

Newer posts