TV Home Forum

Radio 1 Newsbeat

New arrangement of corporate news theme (January 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Radio 1 are using a new mix of their corporate news theme for their Newsbeat bulletins. Same beeps but with a Terminator style sound. Quite cool really.

Also says, "BBC.....Radio 1.....Newsbeat" at the start. Unusual as they don't mention the BBC bit usually.
RT
rts Founding member
Has anyone got any captures of this?
MN
MarkNewby
Yes I've been noticing the lack of BBCage on R1 lately. It's almost like the only time you'd hear the corporation named was in the website address. Mindue, 'BBC Radio One' is a bit of a mouthful.
FA
fanoftv
I first heard it in moyles breakfast show, along with Moyles' new jingles which have a breakfast show cheese feel, but are great.
I prefer this way round with Moyles in the morning and Coxy in the afternoon, though I don't know why.

I wonder if they will moce any of the others, as it has been speculated. The news was that they were going to take jo wiley, mark & lard and dave pearce out of prime time and replace them with colin & edith, vernon kay, scott mills and zane lowe. Even though there are only three places to take.
MO
Moz
MarkNewby posted:
Yes I've been noticing the lack of BBCage on R1 lately. It's almost like the only time you'd hear the corporation named was in the website address. Mindue, 'BBC Radio One' is a bit of a mouthful.

It's also not on their RDS or digital branding - it says RADIO 1 rather than BBC R1 like Radios 2-4 do.

However I bet 'BBC' is mentioned as part of web addresses and email addresses more than it's mentioned on Radio 4!

Which is the company which does the Radio 1 jingle packages - don't they have the jingles on their website?
DA
DAS Founding member
Well over a year ago now, Radio 1 said they would be increasing the amount of BBC branding because the majority of the audience didn't know it was a BBC station. And just as I was wondering whether they'd forgotten, it seems the BBCness has just started to increase.
FA
fanoftv
They've also added the word national prefixing radio 1 "This is National Radio 1." I wonder why? Surely everyone knows it already is. It's been going for years.
AD
adam08
Would it be possible for anyone to post the new jingles/newsbeat soundtrack????
currently as a student, im not able to listen to Chris in the morning, whats he like???, Sara seemed a bit "weird" today on drivetime!
CO
Colm
Been quite a few years since Radio 1 referred to itself as BBC Radio 1 or even "National" Radio 1 - certainly before Matthew Bannister took over as Station Controller.

Anything to do with the fact that the BBC charter renewal is coming up soon? Smile
PE
Pete Founding member
I think National Radio One is more to do with the corny jingles they have for Chris Moyles.
FA
fanoftv
Hymagumba posted:
I think National Radio One is more to do with the corny jingles they have for Chris Moyles.

Oh I don't know. They did use them on the cheesy jingles, but have had the sting woman saying it with no music, that's just used between songs and adverts all day.
JB
JB
Yeah, National Radio One has been creeping in over the past few months, as have the "BBC" references in jingles (although they have been isolated at the end rather than straight "BBC Radio One" as Newsbeat have today).

Also by the end of Sara Cox's show today they seemed to have gone back to the old intro bed at the start of Newsbeat but the rest of it with the new music. Hmm.

On another note how bad was Coxy's show...it kind of worked when you were half asleep but now it's just embarrassing

Newer posts