TV Home Forum

Jimmy Saville uses the f-word on UK G2 before 9pm

Does the watershed exist anymore? (December 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
cwathen posted:

And even now, the word 'crap' is now becoming acceptable as a general purpose expletive, still classed as swearing but certainly not offensive to the great majority of people. Again that was not always the case.

Last year I was hauled into the programme managers office for using the word 'crap' on my radio show at 9.59pm just as I handed over to the news.

I think that was a bit OTT on his part, because about a week later I heard my colleague say 'sh*t' during an afternoon broadcast!
DA
Dan Founding member
Asa posted:
"N*bhead" was uttered twice during The Royal Family sketch on Alistair McGowan's Big Impression tonight at just after 6pm on UK Gold. Surely that was an oops too?

Possibly so, although not as clear-cut as the other example, where there are specific guidelines.
DA
Dan Founding member
A Major Setup posted:
Last year I was hauled into the programme managers office for using the word 'crap' on my radio show at 9.59pm just as I handed over to the news.

He just didn't like you.
A former member
Dan posted:
A Major Setup posted:

He just didn't like you.

Yeah - he realised I wasn't gay when he caught me snogging the newsreader once!
A former member
A Major Setup posted:
cwathen posted:

And even now, the word 'crap' is now becoming acceptable as a general purpose expletive, still classed as swearing but certainly not offensive to the great majority of people. Again that was not always the case.

I think that was a bit OTT on his part, because about a week later I heard my colleague say 'sh*t' during an afternoon broadcast!

Which radio station did this take place at?
AD
Adam
I don't know if it's my eyes or not but I could swear I saw uncensored sex a few months ago on ftn. Is that a mistake or are some channels allowed to show things like that?
A former member
Macadam posted:
A Major Setup posted:
cwathen posted:

Which radio station did this take place at?

A hospital station I worked at for about 4 months. The 'sh*t' was an accident, but neverthess it still went out on air!

I've got a very funny clip of a guy doing an OB on a northern station and he says "It's been a f*cking wonderful day her at Redcar..." and then he stumbles his way to the end of the link! Laughing
ME
me
A Major Setup posted:

Blimey, I've heard it said many times on BBC local radio during the day without any problem. And Greg Dyke obviously doesn't have a problem with it with his "Cut The Crap" campaign!

A Major Setup posted:

Someone slightly mucked up saying "nightshift" the other day live on air. It doesn't take much imagination to work out how.
A former member
me posted:
A Major Setup posted:

Blimey, I've heard it said many times on BBC local radio during the day without any problem. And Greg Dyke obviously doesn't have a problem with it with his "Cut The Crap" campaign!

A Major Setup posted:

Someone slightly mucked up saying "nightshift" the other day live on air. It doesn't take much imagination to work out how.
#

I remember one very funny time of when I was talking up the presenter who was following me, and I said something like "Ooh, Kate has just arrived in the studio next to me ready for her show next, and shes giving me a wave! ooh, and shes giving me a blow...erm...blowing me a kiss!"

I just laughed so much for the rest of the evening then! Laughing

Newer posts