TV Home Forum

UTV launches new idents

(November 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
The TV Room posted:
fanoftv posted:
Thanks for that Mike. Interesting music used. Isn't it a mixture of the eskimo and an old itv12002-03 ident>

I hope if itv1 do use this, there music will be a bit better, even if its just the generic ident with bells over the top!

As mentioned above, I have no doubt that this animation was provided by London. We might see something similar in use on Network as a 'News' ident maybe. However, I'd say that the snowflakes will be largely confined to programme trails.

I suspect the celebs will occupy most junctions over the Christmas period again this year though - in something not too far removed from last year's effort.

I hope they do put it in as an itv1 pre news ident. Do you know something about the celeb idents then Mike? I hope it isn't the usual ones with the usual music with snowflakes over the logo. Though snowflakes would be better than shooting stars. I do hope that itv1 put in some effort please! If Ministry of Design can easily create a mock as magnificant as this...

....the surely paid professionals should be able to create something along these lines!
AN
Andrew Founding member
fanoftv posted:
Thanks for that Mike. Interesting music used. Isn't it a mixture of the eskimo and an old itv12002-03 ident>

Indeed how bizzare, how very UTV!.

Am I right in thinking that when ITV1 used the eskimo 2 years ago, UTV didn't use the eskimo music, and put their own theme over it. An example I downloaded at the time seems to think so
AS
Asa Admin
Andrew posted:
Am I right in thinking that when ITV1 used the eskimo 2 years ago, UTV didn't use the eskimo music, and put their own theme over it. An example I downloaded at the time seems to think so

Yeah, they used a nifty hybrid of the trailer sting of the time and their signature tune (why that's not come back since the introduction of new idents I don't know).

Nice ident though, even with the bizarre concoction of music! I'd be happy seeing that on ITV1 over Christmas.
Last edited by Asa on 9 December 2003 11:23pm
TI
This Is Granada
I saw the UTV Xmas ident again today, and its really growing on me. The ident on UTV as mentioned, the UTV New black ident, with the Network snow flakes added:
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/utvdec03.jpghttp://thetvroom.com/images-itv-net/images-xmas/images-2003/utv-id-1b.jpg
Pic1 Asa, pic2 Tv Room

I think the ITV1 version will be like the UTV/ITV1 trailers with the Blue squares and the snowflakes added to it. Hopefully a change to the normal network music. Or ITV1 could be boring and just do Christmas on their trailers!!!!

With the UTV 'black with snow added' ident, its nice to hear the GMG Eskimo ident music is used, but as this runs out after 10 seconds, its a shame UTV have just faded in the normal music with the Black ident. The Eskimo music should have been made longer. I remember Maggie Mash and the GMG North team (Who's average short hearts ident was 14/15 secs) having to talk over a frozen Eskimo ident, for the last 2 seconds or so. I remember the little skating star, frozen on its point at the front of the ITV1 ice logo.

I take it UTV have used the Eskimo music because they don’t wanna make an xmas tune out of the 2002 ITV music which they currently use, and don’t want the NEW ITV1 music xmas version (If there is one?) as its different to the 2002 normal stuff which UTV use now, so as UTVers did not hear the Eskimo music, its a good place to use it this year!
AB
ashley b Founding member
This Is Granada posted:
I remember Maggie Mash and the GMG North team (Who's average short hearts ident was 14/15 secs) having to talk over a frozen Eskimo ident, for the last 2 seconds or so. I remember the little skating star, frozen on its point at the front of the ITV1 ice logo.

I dont know why that would have happened, the ident was just a 3 second (or there about) loop after the form up, with the same animation going round and round.
:-(
A former member
i really like that ident, and the UTV logo looks really nice on that ident, much better than it being purple
TI
This Is Granada
ashley b posted:
This Is Granada posted:
I remember Maggie Mash and the GMG North team (Who's average short hearts ident was 14/15 secs) having to talk over a frozen Eskimo ident, for the last 2 seconds or so. I remember the little skating star, frozen on its point at the front of the ITV1 ice logo.

I dont know why that would have happened, the ident was just a 3 second (or there about) loop after the form up, with the same animation going round and round.

I know its the same animation again and again, but I remember everytime that Ident was on, hoping it was going to be a short announcement, as I knew the freeze was coming. Others remember the small freeze right?? I also hated the fact that the Ident did not have a Subtitles caption like the normal Hearts idents.
FA
fanoftv
UTV have made a great effort this christmas (already!!!), even if the music is a bit thrown together.

Let's all hope that itv1 do something productive this year!!! Even if its just a simple snow effect and bells and top of the music (Though more of an effort would be fantastic!).

Due to UTV using what look like ITV snowflakes, does that mean no character this year? If you look at adverts and presentation fairies seem to be in. Its a shame if they dont pick up on this!
:-(
A former member
Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction of downloading the UTV jingle tune from the internet. Im doing a flash animation presentation for a university project for monday and reall need to get my hands on this tune this weekend. Id appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris McCann
CO
Colm
Some interesting developments I noticed yesterday on UTV:

Arrow They have updated their "Pick of the Day" presentation - the new logo has the words "Pick of the Day" in a revolving white cube on a red background.

Arrow Also, their community service announcements have been rebranded to "You Care" again, and they have a similar title sequence to the new Pick of the Day but using a yellow background. An indication of yet another imminent change in UTV presentation?

Arrow During the day to announce schedule changes in light of the Soham verdict, Frank Mitchell was roped in to do some continuity - why can't UTV have a duty announcer between 0925 and 1515?!?!?!?

Arrow UTV are now using a break bumper based on their still good Christmas ident; there's now little trace of that blue thing except at 0925.
FA
fanoftv
Col posted:
Some interesting developments I noticed yesterday on UTV:

Arrow They have updated their "Pick of the Day" presentation - the new logo has the words "Pick of the Day" in a revolving white cube on a red background.

Arrow Also, their community service announcements have been rebranded to "You Care" again, and they have a similar title sequence to the new Pick of the Day but using a yellow background. An indication of yet another imminent change in UTV presentation?

Arrow During the day to announce schedule changes in light of the Soham verdict, Frank Mitchell was roped in to do some continuity - why can't UTV have a duty announcer between 0925 and 1515?!?!?!?

Arrow UTV are now using a break bumper based on their still good Christmas ident; there's now little trace of that blue thing except at 0925.

Have they got a breakbumper?

The only time I have noticed non christmas idents this week on UTV was before the christmas show where they have a still UTV logo on top of the this morning credit background, the light blue version. But they did follow that with a christmas ident on tuesday.
TI
This Is Granada
That still UTV logo in on all the time before the snowflake ident for a few seconds to fill.

UTV should have just recorded that announcement on the ident. Its a bit silly doing what they have done. I also wonder why UTV use the light blue background?? I know ITV1 had still captions using it, but never thought UTV did. I would have thought they would have just used a frozen Breakbumper with the Dark blue background and not the light blue.

Newer posts