TV Home Forum

Record of the Year 2003

Results from around the ITV Regions at 9.30pm (November 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
This kicks off on Saturday 29th November with a programme on ITV1

"Cat Deeley presents a programme in which ITV1 viewers get the chance to vote for the ten records that will get through to the final of the Record of the Year. Plus the latest videos and the stars' predictions for the eventual winner."

So any thoughts on who will be the winner this year, looks like Cat is presenting it this year as Ant and Dec are busy with Pop Idol
Last edited by Jez on 6 December 2003 7:57pm - 2 times in total
TI
This Is Granada
I had an Idea that Cat would be doing it this year. Not surprised.

As for record of the year, well frankly it could be anything from Girls Aloud to Westlife. It'll probably be what ever pop acts ITV can get to do the show will be in the final 20.

I just wonder how much a mention the regions will get??
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Yes, I presume Cat is presenting this year with her doing the preliminary shows, however Dr Fox did present these last year didn't he and didn't go on to present the main show.

But yes, I think Cat is the obvious choice.
JE
Jez Founding member
As long as Gareth Gates doesnt win again, I cant believe he won last year for Unchained Melody, people were voting for him not the song!

Yes I like it when they go around the regions, I hope Lucy Cohen gives the results for HTV Wales, although it will probabaly be Sara Elgan or maybe even Steve Jones again Laughing
NW
nwtv2003
This Is Granada posted:

As for record of the year, well frankly it could be anything from Girls Aloud to Westlife. It'll probably be what ever pop acts ITV can get to do the show will be in the final 20.

I wonder if Granada get that jovial man again? It would be funny if they did.
TI
This Is Granada
nwtv2003 posted:
This Is Granada posted:

Oh.... do you mean that Darrell Olsen guy. A bit happy, camp, blond hair I think. I think he's done local shows for Granada and been a reporter in some Holiday destinations for local Granada Holiday shows in the past. Well thats how I remember him.
Him right?

Shame it can't be: "Now over to Maggie Mash for the results in the Yorkshire Television region" or any of the old CA's at GMG NORTH for those 4 regions.
FG
Funky Guy
This Is Granada posted:
nwtv2003 posted:
This Is Granada posted:

Oh.... do you mean that Darrell Olsen guy. A bit happy, camp, blond hair I think. I think he's done local shows for Granada and been a reporter in some Holiday destinations for local Granada Holiday shows in the past. Well thats how I remember him.
Him right?

Shame it can't be: "Now over to Maggie Mash for the results in the Yorkshire Television region" or any of the old CA's at GMG NORTH for those 4 regions.

I'd love to see Mama Mash on the show she could maybe sit and do her knitting as she gives the results out .
KA
Katherine Founding member
Satisfaction by Benny Benassi is a great little tune, that should win. It's got a really innuendo-ridden video too!!
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Well based on sales throughout the year, the contenders ought to be one of the following :

Tatu - All the Things She Said
Room 5 & Oiver Cheatham - Make Love
R Kelly - Ignition (Remix)
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
Beyonce - Crazy in Love
Blu Cantrell & Sean Paul - Breathe
Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love ?

No doubt though, it will be either Gareth, Westlife or Blue.
KA
Sophie Ellis Bextor should get a shout with the material she's produced this year, there hasn't yet been a duff single from her.
:-(
A former member
and Gareth Gates' Spirit In The Sky. Isn't that the 2nd biggest seller this year? I said it last year, covers shouldn't really be allowed in this competition, IMO. Last yr there was only a couple in the top10 that were original. Annoyed me...
KA
eside posted:
and Gareth Gates' Spirit In The Sky. Isn't that the 2nd biggest seller this year? I said it last year, covers shouldn't really be allowed in this competition, IMO. Last yr there was only a couple in the top10 that were original. Annoyed me...

That might win 'Most Embarrassing Single of 2003'..... why do almost all charity telethons and charity fundraising singles bring out the worst in music? There's been nothing yet to match the excellent and thought-provoking 'Do They Know it's Christmas'..... "And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time......"

Newer posts