TV Home Forum

UK G2

New UKTV channel (October 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
UKG2 is a good idea, especially since PLAY dried up. Presumably UKG1 will reorganise its sched so that people don't miss out on the daytime shows when the +9 service stops? And will UKG+1 be changing its hours or not? Sky had listings from 6pm Tuesday when I last checked..
TI
This Is Granada
On Wednesday 12th, at 6pm when UK GOLD +1 Hour comes on, It looks like it will be the full 24 Hrs forever. I see it carries on after its normal shut off time so now all you folk can watch Old Neighbours a hour later.

Also on 12th at 8pm thats when UK Repeats 2 starts.

Also on the 12th - UK Food is due to give birth to its little baby - UK FOOD +1, Apparently testing Now so VERY likely to come to life on the 12th.
Look at +1 on Sky at...........11.992 H 27500 2/3
DM
Dave M
Just thought you may be interested in seeing the UKG2 logo that appeared in Whats On TV:

http://homepages.tesco.net/david.mchallam/ukg2.jpg
TI
This Is Granada
Dave M posted:
Just thought you may be interested in seeing the UKG2 logo that appeared in Whats On TV:

http://homepages.tesco.net/david.mchallam/ukg2.jpg

Dog Fans will be pleased to know thats how big the DOG will be.LOL. Laughing
AS
Asa Admin
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds12222.html has a textual preview of the idents (I assume they'll be two more).

They sound erm, a bit naff really. I'll reserve judgement...
A former member
Yeah they sound a bit poo really. I'm guessing they'll be similar in style to the incredibly fab UK Gold ones (I love them).

People idents - WHEN will they go out of fashion?!
TI
This Is Granada
This Is Granada posted:
On Wednesday 12th, at 6pm when UK GOLD +1 Hour comes on, It looks like it will be the full 24 Hrs forever. I see it carries on after its normal shut off time so now all you folk can watch Old Neighbours a hour later.

Also on 12th at 8pm thats when UK Repeats 2 starts.

Also on the 12th - UK Food is due to give birth to its little baby - UK FOOD +1, Apparently testing Now so VERY likely to come to life on the 12th.
Look at +1 on Sky at...........11.992 H 27500 2/3

Even though on the Sky EPG, UK Gold +1 says 'Programs start at 6pm', It looks like Gold+1 is now full 24hrs. Today at 5pm I was watching the Bill from Gold at 4pm. As of wednesday the Gold+1 EPG is full 24hrs, but it looks like UKTV have started early.

UK FOOD +1 starts soon, I think Maybe Wednesday just like when Gold2 EPG name will change.

What's strange about UKTV's +1 channels is Golds is called '+1', Horizons is called '+1Hour' and Styles is called '+'. Why cant they just call them all '+1'? It sounds so much better than '+1hour' or '+'. I wonder what UK Food will be? Like Style and just be a '+' or like Gold with '+1' or like Horizons with the long '+1Hour' dog.

Also, I wonder if UK DRAMA will shut down soon? On Fridays it shows things like Cutting It, which are going to be on UKG2 on Wednesday Night. I think UK DRAMA could be on its last legs. Shame, It has the best Idents too.
WI
william Founding member
Anyone understand the logic behind starting UKG2 at 8pm rather than 7, like Gold 2 did?
FA
fanoftv
But then again you could say, anyone see the logic in a channel being re branded/a new channel launching on a wednesday!?
A former member
cwathen posted:

I thought it was actually a requirement that they closed Play, because it was considered uncompetitive to allow them to have a new licence fee entertainment channel when they (indirectly) had a commercial entertainment channel too.

No, Play UK closed because it was costing too much money. The same reason its flashy website disappeared a few months beforehand - cost-cutting
A former member
Whataday posted:
If it was a standalone channel, I would agree, but there is not one single programme on BBC Three which wouldn't fit on BBC One or Two. It's a complete waste of time and money.

That is true, but the advantage that BBC3 gives them is that new formats and programmes can be tried there first and then moved onto BBC1 and 2.

There's less risk for the BBC 1&2 controllers in testing the programmes out on 3 which a smaller audience than there would be bunging it on 9pm on BBC1
TI
This Is Granada
I have seen 2 idents of this new channel at the mo, and I do think they are not bad. I do prefer them better than UK GOLD ones. I do like the look of the channel, The blue is quite nice. The programs are a bit poor. I think they will pick up soon.

I cant believe that UKTV channels have all got new look idents again. I am sick of UK STYLE keep changing their idents. I hate the way that channel name on Food/Brightideas etc just fades away to leave 'Part of UKTV' on for ages.

Newer posts