TV Home Forum

Former GMG North Announcers where are they now ?

(November 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Well from what I know

Maggie Mash - The Booze Cruise, regional prog. on Yorkshire, HSBC, KS3 Mental Artithmetic tests etc
Bob Preedy - Apparently he runs a cinema, has released a book and as said still has a show on BBC Local Radio.
Kerry Gosney - Still does the weather for GMG North and I think I've heard her doing a V/O on a trailer for Granada.
Pete Haslam - Does the V/O for the majority of trailers to go out on the GMG North regions.
Helen Aitken and Neil Didsbury - I don't know, it's like they've disappared into obscurity.
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
nwtv2003 posted:
Pete Haslam - Does the V/O for the majority of trailers to go out on the GMG North regions.

Errrrr, don't want to upset you, but I feel the PAST tense would be more appropriate.

See this.
:-(
A former member
Nick Harvey posted:
nwtv2003 posted:

Errrrr, don't want to upset you, but I feel the PAST tense would be more appropriate.

See this.

Would agree there, he was told the news late Thursday as well
MS
mike stand
ColonelRed posted:
Tracey Crawford had just moved to the ITV Network Centre by newly appointed Controller of Broadcasting Helen Stevens (her old boss at Yorkshire) , to 'implement the next part of the merged Broadcasting department plan'

God Forbid!!
What this girl knows about presentation you could squeeze into a mike muff
BA
Banksey Founding member
mike stand posted:
ColonelRed posted:
Tracey Crawford had just moved to the ITV Network Centre by newly appointed Controller of Broadcasting Helen Stevens (her old boss at Yorkshire) , to 'implement the next part of the merged Broadcasting department plan'

God Forbid!!

Perfect candidate, knows nothing about presentation. Slightly worrying that she understands continuity so in that respect somewhat over-qualified. Unless of course the plans are to rid ITV of continuity announcers.
A former member
mike stand posted:
ColonelRed posted:

God Forbid!!

Thought that myself, also my understanding of the redundancy package terms and things was that all new appointments had to be advertised...........
AB
ashley b Founding member
Maggie does the occational voiceover for adverts too, she did one for some caravan show at the GMEX at the end of last year I think. And we had maggie broadcasting accross the office just the other day. (Someone phoned HSBC and had it on speaker phone).
A former member
ColonelRed posted:

Thought that myself, also my understanding of the redundancy package terms and things was that all new appointments had to be advertised...........

sounds like there could be trouble ahead ...
FG
Funky Guy
ashley b posted:
Maggie does the occational voiceover for adverts too, she did one for some caravan show at the GMEX at the end of last year I think. And we had maggie broadcasting accross the office just the other day. (Someone phoned HSBC and had it on speaker phone).

I've been letting everyone listen to Maggie Mash today at UNI my lecturer thinks i fancy her . i'm 22 y/o hip and groovey gay guy .But i must admit there is something about her she's cool i love her .
SP
Spencer
Funky Guy posted:
ashley b posted:

I've been letting everyone listen to Maggie Mash today at UNI my lecturer thinks i fancy her . i'm 22 y/o hip and groovey gay guy .But i must admit there is something about her she's cool i love her .

I do think Maggie has something of an authoritarian air about her, but she's really nice as well. A perfect gay icon if you ask me!

Judy Garland - who needs her?
FG
Funky Guy
Spencer For Hire posted:
Funky Guy posted:
ashley b posted:

I do think Maggie has something of an authoritarian air about her, but
she's really nice as well. A perfect gay icon if you ask me!

Judy Garland - who needs her?

Exactly so have you met her then ?come on spill the beans she could do a comeback tour of the regions starting off with Border first .
I could listen to her all night .

Newer posts