TV Home Forum

Do you Miss The (old) Lounge?

(November 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LO
lobster
But craig, I was not responsible for any user that posted "300 times a minute". The multiple usernames I had were wind-up merchants. They never meant any personal insult, and I think you'll agree obvious multiple usernames like Queen O add character to the place, like Lord Wellington did, although both their personas were made up. To suggest that somebody who creates multiple usernames on an internet forum is some sort of social outcast, is at best stupid.

If you're going to take that line, why not insult some of the people here who have made several thousand posts? Surely they spend more time here than I do?
:-(
A former member
ed wade posted:
CraigF posted:
ed wade posted:
...It's boring farts like craig who seem to think it's a problem - as Dr Siggy said, they give the place character and provoke debate.

I've been here since almost the beginning and I've seen it happen over and over and over again. Do you blame me for being bored with it? Any oldies here who don't, aren't in their right mind either. What is it with people and pretending to be someone else? It's become the TV Forum cliché. It doesn't say a lot about the forum and its members - some people are downright deranged, even James Martin is normal compared to some people on here.

As for the whole thing giving the "place character and provoking debate" - that's just downright sad. Normal people can give a place character and provoke debate - we don't need socially deprived ******* registering under other usernames and posting 300 times per minute.

At the risk of dragging some of the wonderful bitching from MTPL into this now emotionally-cleansed, "pure" forum, you're talking out of your ass, CraigF.

I think we can agree on the whole James Martin issue, but you've got no idea that what makes a community is the oddballs, the ones with character, the ones who provoke, etc. It's how societies are formed. If you're so bored with the new Lounge, then go - you won't be missed.

And for someone who would clearly think himself to be in the normal category, I can't remember anything about you prior to this discussion. You're boring and dull, you add no life, you've nothing to give.

Maybe we have something in common then.

I don't ever recall saying I was "normal" - so god only knows where you derived that from. It's funny - now that you've shown some provokation you seemed to have lined yourself up with everybody else at Metropol and treated me as an outcast. The fact that you're doing that doesn't give you much credibility either, I agree, you are at the same level as everybody else there.

By saying you don't remember me prior to this discussion, somehow offends me? Why would I possibly expect you to remember me? I seem to remember you as being sombody who frequently climbs back onto their high horse during an argument, you once even used the excuse of having a degree in English Language/Linguistics whatever, so you could patronise some 12 year old who came on here. How old are you - 40 or something?
A former member
Dr Sigmund Mohammad posted:
But craig, I was not responsible for any user that posted "300 times a minute".

I never said you was - I was tempted to go back and rephrase it because that's how it appeared. But then again, you can hardly blame anyone for placing you as a suspect.
LO
lobster
Well, Craig, since Keef Whyte was posting using BT Broadband, broadband is not even available in my area, such an assertion is flawed, but if people want to lay blame on me for keef whyte, by all means, do it.
TV
tvmercia Founding member
i have no hang up about the whole multiple username malarky (although i've never been tempted to enter into it myself) - but i do find it tedious when the clones end up interacting - because that, for me, is devoid of any comedy value.

one of the funniest threads on here was the alldritt family saga, where *some* real member(s) automatically believed the clones when they suggested they were infact related to, a certain member. if that makes any sense.

but 2 people posting under made-up persona's holds no interest for me - which is probably why metropol has failed to attract many users from tvf, in my opinion.
AN
All New Johnnyboy
CraigF posted:
Maybe we have something in common then.

I don't ever recall saying I was "normal" - so god only knows where you derived that from. It's funny - now that you've shown some provokation you seemed to have lined yourself up with everybody else at Metropol and treated me as an outcast. The fact that you're doing that doesn't give you much credibility either, I agree, you are at the same level as everybody else there.

By saying you don't remember me prior to this discussion, somehow offends me? Why would I possibly expect you to remember me? I seem to remember you as being sombody who frequently climbs back onto their high horse during an argument, you once even used the excuse of having a degree in English Language/Linguistics whatever, so you could patronise some 12 year old who came on here. How old are you - 40 or something?

Do you hear the flies too, CraigF?

My ability in English and lingustic presentation has made me quite a wealthy 29 year old man, so I do believe I have something to give to the forum on this.

What do you have to give?
A former member
Like I said - I'm not blaming you. But AT THE TIME you were obviously a suspect for doing it.

Can you tell me - why do/did you have multiple usernames? What was the purpose? Do you find pleasure in making up personalities and posting under them for weeks on end? I honestly don't see the point. Surely you must have more important things to do.
A former member
Yes - you are 29, I am 16. There you go again, patronising. Do you really expect me and especially a 12 year old to have a degree?

Claiming to have something to give to the forum is another deluded opinion of yours. Telling people that you have this alleged degree is not giving anyone anything. Maybe this is the reason why you spend nearly all of your time on this forum and now don't have a girlfriend.
AN
All New Johnnyboy
CraigF posted:
Yes - you are 29, I am 16. There you go again, patronising. Do you really expect me and especially a 12 year old to have a degree?

Claiming to have something to give to the forum is another deluded opinion of yours. Telling people that you have this alleged degree is not giving anyone anything. Maybe this is the reason why you spend nearly all of your time on this forum and now don't have a girlfriend.

You fool....in your previous post addressed to me, you asked how old I was. I decide to answer your question, and I'm somehow patronising you. I think you have issues, child.

What do you have to give to the forum? Moaning, whinging, puking, pissing? Not much. Face it CraigF, no-one here knows about you, no-one here cares about you.

And I don't spend all my time here and on MPTL, thank you. Prior to tonight's posting, I don't think I've posted on here for a couple of days! This is coming from a child with nearly double the amount of posts I have made, on both Metropol and TVF!!! What a clown - if you're going to insult someone CraigF, make sure they can't fire it straight back at you.

Dr Siggy, if you're around, would you care to tell this young child that you and I are the only ones so far who have some clue about how to deal with women? And how we are the only ones here who are able to choose what type of female we want, not settle for the first bit of skank that flutters her eyelashes at us?

CraigF - the virgin boy.
HU
HUDSON
But craig, I was not responsible for any user that posted "300 times a minute". The multiple usernames I had were wind-up merchants. They never meant any personal insult, and I think you'll agree obvious multiple usernames like Queen O add character to the place, like Lord Wellington did, although both their personas were made up. To suggest that somebody who creates multiple usernames on an internet forum is some sort of social outcast, is at best stupid.

If you're going to take that line, why not insult some of the people here who have made several thousand posts? Surely they spend more time here than I do?

Speaking for everyone again Doctor?
A former member
All New Johnnyboy posted:
CraigF posted:

You fool....in your previous post addressed to me, you asked how old I was. I decide to answer your question, and I'm somehow patronising you. I think you have issues, child.

What do you have to give to the forum? Moaning, whinging, puking, *ing? Not much. Face it CraigF, no-one here knows about you, no-one here cares about you.

And I don't spend all my time here and on MPTL, thank you. Prior to tonight's posting, I don't think I've posted on here for a couple of days! This is coming from a child with nearly double the amount of posts I have made, on both Metropol and TVF!!! What a clown - if you're going to insult someone CraigF, make sure they can't fire it straight back at you.

Dr Siggy, if you're around, would you care to tell this young child that you and I are the only ones so far who have some clue about how to deal with women? And how we are the only ones here who are able to choose what type of female we want, not settle for the first bit of skank that flutters her eyelashes at us?

CraigF - the virgin boy.

You have the cheek to address me as a child when you yourself are using such childish talk. Again, you think that by calling me a child, it offends me. Next... Rolling Eyes Maybe that's how you were spoken to when you were young, all of those years ago and decided to rebel by patronising people when truly, you are nothing but common scum.

You've proven yourself to be even more pathetic by basically saying that you want people on this forum to care about you and know who you are. That's truly laughable. I don't give a flying f*ck about anybody on here because I don't know them - it is an internet forum you geek.
A former member
HUDSON posted:

Speaking for everyone again Doctor?

Idiots often do that to provoke people. They assume that everybody is in agreement with them of their actions to corner somebody as a form of bullying. It's expected to work - but it would take a true genius for it to happen. *Looks around expectantly*

Newer posts