…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
Multi
And just a quick reminder from me, don’t forget to switch off your sets. Wink
KO
koopa
From all of us at TV Forum, we wish TV Live Forum the best as they take over from tomorrow.

But for now, from all of us here, thank you, and goodbye.

R.I.P 2001 - 2021
PS
PaddyofScotland
Just asking, what time does the site cease transmissions?
WH
what
Thank you, and goodbye.
KO
koopa
Just asking, what time does the site's ceases transmission?

Most likely, midnight.

It won't cease transmission, it'll be archived
PS
PaddyofScotland
koopa posted:
Just asking, what time does the site's ceases transmission?

Most likely, midnight.

It won't cease transmission, it'll be archived

I was a joke my friend.
interestednovice and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
ST
Ste Founding member
Thanks for all the hard work Asa and the mods have put into TVF throughout the years. I've been a member since June 2001 and have probably checked almost daily despite having a relatively low post count.

This is my last post and it will be strange changing my bookmarks bar shortcut to TVLive Forum but I'll see you all there.

RD
Roger Darthwell
Hello everyone, given that I already posted on this farewell thread, I nevertheless feel, that on this, the last day of TV Forum, I would also like to take an opportunity to say some proper last words, that I actually already told privately to Asa a few days ago, but I feel that it's best if I also share them here with all of you, this website was launched on the 22nd of March 2001, that was the day I turned 3 years old, so first I want to say that it's been awesome sharing a birthday with this amazing website, and even though I only joined recently, as all you can see, I wanted to say that I enjoyed every minute of it. I joined this website at a time when I was very depressed, and this wonderful community has helped me to overcome my depression (it's a process I am still doing), and to be honest, it's very sad that this one was the last birthday that I was going to share with TV Forum itself, but it made it even more special, in fact I can say it's been probably my best birthday. So I just wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for everything! I hope I will see you all on TV Live Forum. Also given that TV Forum will become a read only website, a sort of time capsule if you will, I also want to say, not only to myself, but to everybody else who will read this in the future, that I hope that all of your dreams and wishes will come true, and I hope that the world of the future will be a world full of peace, love and understanding. I wish you the very best in your life, and I hope that you will be able to get of this dark tunnel that you are in. All the very best!
With deep gratitude
Roger Darthwell
PS: Given that everybody are leaving last videos, I thought to do the same as well, both of them recorded on the 9th of November 1997
Here is the last ever Ceefax on BBC One

Here is the last ever closedown on BBC One

My apologies if I have ever behaved badly, it's been emotional, it's been a blast! See you all on TV Live Forum, and Asa, thank you for the very hard work that you have done over 20 years, all the very very best to you and I hope we will see you on TV Live Forum! Goodbye TV Forum!
IT
itsrobert Founding member
And with that, it's goodnight from me. Goodnight.

BBC1 National Anthem
VM
VMPhil
49 members online right now. Hello everyone.
SK
sketcher
Hello Asa, and everyone else.
Just a brief message from a very, very long term observer and very rare participant.
I joined this forum off the back of TV Home closing, and thought things could never have been the same then! TV Home was the basis of my childhood, the ability to download BBC News themes from other regions was truly fascinating (at the time, remember kids this was a long time ago!). TV Forum developed, but remained true to the heart of TV Presentation throughout, though with so many changing scenes such as dial-up internet, Windows Media Player, MP4s, Flash Players, Channel Five Launching, BBC Three Dying, and now as a new news channel is about to hit the air in the UK, TV Forum closes - but that was bound to happen!

Thank you for creating such a society of wonderful people, all coming together to enjoy and discuss things other people find utterly bizarre (which we find bizzare that they don't find the graphics updates on Sky News utterly fascinating?!).

Asa, you've done an amazing job being Captain of this ship for such a long time, and you deserve a medal - and all our thanks.

Best of Luck with whatever you do onwards.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
And with that, it's goodnight from me. Goodnight.

BBC1 National Anthem

God save our gracious Asa
Long live our noble Asa
God save our Asa
Saw him on BBC3
And he's a prez freak like me
A legend he'll forever be
God save our Asa
Last edited by johnnyboy on 31 March 2021 9:44pm

Newer posts