TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
One last thought, tomorrow morning when Alan Yentob wakes up with a start and realises it was all a dream... who from TVF will be in bed with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-3GfK_dBg

The TVS Archive?
HC
Hatton Cross
I love how jokes about the TVS archive, are still echoing around the empty corridors of this place on the last afternoon!
CA
cal0906
Thanks everyone for some great discussion over the years about some brilliant TV! A big thank you to everyone involved in creating the site too, it's been a pleasure.
PL
plymouthbloke1974
This is also my last post on TVForum. Been here for what seems like an eternity and I’ve had some great times trawling through threads about everything from ITV network distributions, to the various franchise rounds, to rebrands, closedown threads, foreign TV idents etc. And who can forget the outstanding mocks by so many talented creators on here? Everyone can take a bow for their bit in making TVF the go-to place for all TV related matters.

But now, it’s time for me to say thank you to everyone and goodbye. I’m not planning on joining TV Live Forum so all I will say “all the best” to everyone moving over there.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust….. Crying or Very sad
AN
Andrew Founding member
This might be my last post here, depending on when Asa switches off the lights

I have to agree with a post above that the closure and then transition to a replacement forum couldn't have been better handled. With both enough time to get our heads around it here, and enough time to set up a new forum.

Thanks to Asa for creating and maintaining the forum over the last 20 years and also the great idea to leave the forum as an archive that can still be referred to, looking back at how all those breaking news moments kicked off in real time.

Can't believe its been 20 years. Here's to the next 20 years, although that is quite a scary thought.

As they say on GMB "The conversation continues..."
KI
Kiffer
This is my last post on TV Forum, so I'll say farewell to everyone past and present! I'd like to thank Asa and the mods for all the hard work they've put into this site! 😊
IN
interestednovice
As others have said so eloquently over the last few days, I would just like to express my thanks to Asa and everyone who has posted over the years.

I am ashamed to admit that I’ve hardly posted at all, but I have really enjoyed reading the insightful contributions of others (especially those of you in the industry) and I’ve been a lurker for over 10 years. I feel the need to join in with this thread on TVF’s final day just to say, and I really mean this, that many of you cannot possibly truly know how much others have appreciated the existence of this forum over the years. Indeed, many lurkers like me have never expressed our thanks until now. It has been a special little corner of the internet for us enthusiasts, and I am so grateful that we’ve had it.

But all good things come to an end, as they say, and I have created an account over at the new forum - I hope to see many of you there and I have also made a resolution with myself to make a bit more effort to post there, so hopefully I will see you all around in the years to come.

Goodbye everybody, for now!
MarkT76, Whataday and Marco_D gave kudos
NB
nbafan89
this is my penultimate post on here just to say that it has been a honour and a privilege to be here for as long as I can remember
HC
Hatton Cross
OK. Last post from me on here.

It reminds me of disembarkation day after a lengthy cruise. Choosing the last group time to leave the ship, and for the past few hours, it's getting slowly empty as people move on and out, the self service buffet has long been closed by the staff for cleaning, and you now have the peace and quiet you wanted poolside where you are waiting to be called down to leave - where once there were a couple of hundred swimming, in deep converstation, or just making a noise - is now silent, and you don't like it one bit.

I know there's TVLive Forum, and I'll be signing up over the Easter Holiday, but you never forget the first place you felt settled amougst friends, do you?

To the moderation team, but more especially Asa. Thank you for the opportunity to talk tv, talk to others about tv, recount stories from my broadcasting carreer - this place got me through those dull midweek 0-0 football draws when I was doing the hightlights reel for half/full time - and to learn about tv from those who work in it.
Happy 'retirement' Asa.

And from me.
Where's the 'TX Off' switch? Ahh. Here it is.

CO
Colm
In the words of a wise man...

...goodnight everybody!
JamesWorldNews and interestednovice gave kudos
IN
interestednovice
JT95 posted:
Similar story to many really, discovered this site aged 16 and since then for 9 years it’s become a constant therapeutic escape, to see people discussing such seemingly trivial matters as news studios and shiny or flat graphics made me realise I wasn’t alone in my fascination. I never posted much, much to the fear of seeming like a young knows-nothing compared to some of you who work in this industry.

I’ll miss the discussions, I’ll miss the arguments and I’ll miss the crap mocks of GMB too!

Thanks to all for making this a brilliant site and such an amazing escape through some really troubled times. I can’t wait to start again on the new site! And of course massive heartfelt congratulations to Asa and all the other moderators, admins and people behind the scenes!

I couldn’t agree more with this, as someone with a similar backstory and age.

See you on the other side!
JO
jonniew
As someone who hasn't posted a lot - I've lurked in these forums for YEARS! Like seriously, I was a kid when I joined this site and I'm now in my 30's - had a look back at some of my early posts and cringed so hard!

Thanks for all the informative info over the years - have enjoyed reading and will continue to lurk at TV Live Forum. Who knows, maybe I'll be more active.

Take care everyone!

Newer posts