TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Anglialad
Well, today’s the day. The time has come for me to say a big thank you to Asa, and goodbye. All the best to him, and to everyone else who I look forward to discussing TV presentation and other related topics over on TV Live Forum.

I leave you all with the of the very last episode of a certain police drama. Very Happy

Farewell, TV Forum.
interestednovice, Asa and Revolution gave kudos
FA
FinalAnnouncement
On 22nd February 2001
TV Forum went on air and began a new era in discussion
As TV Forum enters its new life as a archive site,
it is proud to remind readers of the sustained excellence
achieved by so many of it's talented posters in the last 20 years
FA
FinalAnnouncement
Welcome to the final day of TV Forum. We have got so many goodbyes coming in! But let me introduce myself! I was a long-time lurker who just created a account solely for the purpose of saying goodbye! This forum meant so much to me and I am sad to see it go! But at least people will have 59 pages forth of messages to look back on until the servers finally get shut down in like 2029 or something! I will personally miss TV Forum! Lets just hope the TV Live forum lasts for years to come!
ME
mediaman2007
This is very strange. 18 years of my life (at least). Goodbye old chum.
DM
dmch82
Thank you Asa and after 20 years being top of my bookmarks farewell to everyone and the TV Forum. Have we time for one last dance...

interestednovice and Asa gave kudos
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Bless, if he were still alive, Peter Sissons would be getting in the neck right now for not wearing a black tie to commemorate the untimely death of TV Forum.
RK
Rkolsen
(Porting this now since I don’t know when on March 31st it will close).

So long TVForum a place where there’s repeated and diagrams discussions of whether or not Studio E’s light boxes can change color just because they look brown when off.

Thank you to staff and the online friends I’ve made.

And a shameless plug I know most will move to TVLiveForum but I’m a moderator over TVNewsTalk. We’ve gotten scoops over the years. The forums active but a lot of us are more so on the discord server.
interestednovice, Asa and mark gave kudos
JA
jamiedd

Goodbye, TV Forum!
MarkT76, interestednovice and Rkolsen gave kudos
TV
TVViewer256
Last post - thank you to everyone, especially Asa - it's been a blast and this place will never be forgotten.
WI
william Founding member
Some observations:

The site's been through endless iterative redesigns yet somehow has never felt "different".

Although I've only ever been a light user, and meta discussions aren't as prominent as TV and news chat, but over the years I can't remember seeing anyone moaning about design or layout changes, or indeed any that have annoyed me. It's just steadily got better.

I know a bit about forum software, but it's years and years since I bothered to look at what TV Forum is running under the hood and how much is/was custom written; it's always been so pleasantly white-label and it's always "just worked".

Perhaps there was one day I remember the site being down for a while? Years ago?

We haven't, to the best of my knowledge, had any major security issues either.

I can't really remember seeing any abusive posts, they're always already cleaned up by the time I looked. If there is spam, it's always removed faster than I can spot it.

The design has had so many pleasant Easter Eggs; I'm sure I didn't discover half of them.

And, most importantly, TV Forum has outlasted every other forum or discussion board I can think of, on any topic, and it has felt a very reassuring place to return to again and again over the last 20 years.

Thanks ever so much.
ST
steddenm
I'm not crying.

You are.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Treat it as one of those ITA/IBA/ITC Franchise changes of yesteryear, infuriating yes, but once the chosen replacement is operating smoothly acceptance is given. (All without the loss of the TV Forum 'TVS Archive; too!)

I'm settling in to my chosen replacement well.

Newer posts