TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
mark Founding member
Just popped back from the new place to drop off my keys.

I've loved being part of this fantastic community for the past 20 years - and reading back over my old posts recently has been a brilliant trip down memory lane. Turns out I used a lot more exclamation marks back in 2001.

Thanks Asa, and thanks everyone - see you again shortly.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Latest on-scene pictures from asanet HQ:

All the best, everyone!
JA
jay Founding member
Thanks again Asa, it’s been a blast.
interestednovice and Asa gave kudos
SP
Spencer
So that's almost it. Time for me to bow out and say goodbye.

Thank you to Asa for creating and running this place which has given me so much enjoyment over the years. Thanks also to the mods, and to all other forum members past and present who have made TV Forum such an interesting, stimulating, and unusually civilised corner of the internet.

Goodbye everyone, and thank you.

TV Forum – A Talent For Television Discussion
Asa, Anglialad and Ghost gave kudos
KM
Keith Musselwhite
Well the day is here. I've not been a massive poster here I probably used it more in the early days. My main memory of TV Forum? Getting excited that someone had screen capped the 2000 BBC One Christmas Ident large enough to use as desktop wallpaper. Back in the day when VHS was still supreme and iplayer wasn't a thing.

To those of you that started as Children and are now adults and may even have sprogs of your own, I hope This place was everything you wanted it to be.

To Asa, star of Liquid News and all the mods past and present. Thanks for the sterling work you have done and best of luck in the future x
FL
Flux
mark posted:
Just popped back from the new place to drop off my keys.

I've loved being part of this fantastic community for the past 20 years - and reading back over my old posts recently has been a brilliant trip down memory lane. Turns out I used a lot more exclamation marks back in 2001.

Thanks Asa, and thanks everyone - see you again shortly.

I never really had keys. As a long time lurker, I just found the back door was unlocked one day and started walking in more and more frequently over the years!

Another thank you to Asa from me, and thank you to everyone who has made this forum a place full of fascinating insight and discussion (in between the odd argument and rant). I first found this community as a geeky teenager, and like many others it was my first realisation that I wasn't the only one who had a strange interest in the "bits between the programmes". It's always nice to know you're not alone.

See you all over at the new place.
JB
JasonB
The one time you need a clip that fits in well with today and i can't find it on YouTube.
JA
Jamesypoo
I feel like I should post something, but not quite sure what more I can say that I haven't already.

That said, one final thing I'd like to thank Asa for is restoring complete posting history (as cringy as some of it may be for everyone). As I mentioned previously, I met my partner via connections with this site in 2009. The posting history has revealed we actually started talking 4 years before we realised which has been a lovely little discovery.

I'm pleased the TV Live Forum seems to have attracted many regulars and hope it continues in that stead for a good while to come. Thank you all Smile

Last edited by Jamesypoo on 31 March 2021 11:33am
JB
JasonB
One final post:
FL
Flux
The one time you need a clip that fits in well with today and i can't find it on YouTube.

I think this playoff is fitting:

(Should start playing at 51'30")
PF
PFML84
Well everyone, it's been great. See you all.... somewhere, maybe... hopefully.

Could whoever is last to leave turn off the lights and lock the door? Cheers.

Goodbye TVF. Crying or Very sad
RS
RSTV
Thanks Asa i loved my time here

Newer posts