News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
...and it's goodbye from me. Goodbye.

Thanks for the memories.
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Thank you everyone for the last 20 years, even though it has only felt like 20 minutes.

It really has been TSW - Television (Forum) Simply Wonderful.

And with a final look at the clock, I'll leave you with a few sounds that (to me) defined the early years of TV Home and TV Forum and the excitement of what a community like this could share with each other (downloaded painfully slow on dial-up modems).

...I don't want to go. Crying or Very sad
Last edited by Isonstine on 30 March 2021 9:20pm
IT
itvblocks
...I don't want to go. Crying or Very sad

CH
chevron
It's only just hitting me how often I type in "tvf..." in my browser. I've been posting on here - in one guise or another - for 20 years. That's two-thirds of my life! Unbelievable. I'm glad to have landed in a place where I could share my admiration and love for branding, title sequences, theme music and all the rest with like-minded people. Glad we're all reconvening in a new home, but it's going to be very sad to see this great place ebb away from the hive of activity it currently is.

Thanks to Asa, every moderator since the beginning, to Rob for setting up TV Live Forum... and to every single TV Forum member past and present for keeping this site going. We've had our ups and downs but it's been a pleasure to be here. See you all on the purple side!
NE
News96
Well this is it for me-Goodbye and farewell in true Sound of Music style-goodbye everybody.

LM
lmorley2
Well what can I say? I've hardly ever (if at all) posted on here, I scarcely even logged in! BUT, I have visited this wonderful forum almost daily! It's one of my favourite corners of the internet and allows me to be a "tele pres nerd" and relish in the company of like minded people! Asa, thank you for running this amazing place for 20 years and all the best for the future! Hope to see you all on TVLF! Smile xx
JA
james-2001
OK Inspector Sands - you've 24 hours to catch up. Very Happy

Be kind to him, he's probably on his day job being on emergency call at every major train station in the country Wink
IS
Inspector Sands

Hwyl Fawr.

Hmmmm, what can I post that'll get 22,409 kudos points in 24 hours???...?

The BBC Family Clock?
NW
nwtv2003

(and that really is it from me on here!)
IS
Inspector Sands

Be kind to him, he's probably on his day job being on emergency call at every major train station in the country Wink

If anyone was wondering....
https://londonist.com/2013/01/revealed-who-is-inspector-sands
JA
james-2001

If anyone was wondering....
https://londonist.com/2013/01/revealed-who-is-inspector-sands

That picture is a very good likeness!
WL
W1LL
Would just like to add my thanks to Asa and the rest of the team too before I switch over to the other side for good.
I dread to think of the number of hours I have spent browsing this site, but it has truly been a pleasure to be a part of this community for the last 5 years.

Newer posts