TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Ant
I notice my post count is currently 3,499 so I feel it’s only right to round it up to 3,500 and say a final farewell.

Thanks to Asa as well as the moderators, members and lurkers past and present. It’ll be strange not visiting here after so long but I’m sure we’ll keep the community going over on TV Live Forum.

Bye everyone.
NY
NYTV
Having been here since 2009 and seeing all the changes across the site and the community that’s been built over the years, I just want to say thanks for letting me be part of this community and everyone best of luck in all your future endeavors and enjoy the rest of 2021.
QN
Quatorzine Neko
I've been trying to find something meaningful to write since the news broke, but I think I'll just let the thoughts flow naturally.

I joined the TV Forum something like 4½ years ago, as a sort of extension of my interest in television branding, at the time of the launch of French channel Franceinfo. I contribute to the French website Lenodal, centered around French television presentation, and the TV Forum was a good place to exchange about television with a different (i.e. British) perspective, so I gladly joined!

I was, therefore, mostly posting in the "International News Presentation" and "French TV" topics, but reading the conversations about Newyddion, test cards, or Oneness was also very interesting to me. It has been a pleasure to share and to receive, and I learned interesting things here.

Dear Asa, I respect the reasons which led your decision to give the TV Forum a final closedown. I'm not sure I'll join the "purple successor" so here is my occasion to thank you, Asa, for giving us, and maintaining, this cozy place on the Internet to talk and share about television and about those who make television. I also wish to thank the moderators for their work, and all the members I had the pleasure to exchange with.

From me and teammates at Lenodal: salutations! Smile
IN
intracube
I already commented earlier in this thread, but as we're now down to the last couple of days - thanks again to Asa, the mods and everyone here for the last 20 years.

All the best.
RD
Roger Darthwell
I've been trying to find something meaningful to write since the news broke, but I think I'll just let the thoughts flow naturally.

I joined the TV Forum something like 4½ years ago, as a sort of extension of my interest in television branding, at the time of the launch of French channel Franceinfo. I contribute to the French website Lenodal, centered around French television presentation, and the TV Forum was a good place to exchange about television with a different (i.e. British) perspective, so I gladly joined!

I was, therefore, mostly posting in the "International News Presentation" and "French TV" topics, but reading the conversations about Newyddion, test cards, or Oneness was also very interesting to me. It has been a pleasure to share and to receive, and I learned interesting things here.

Dear Asa, I respect the reasons which led your decision to give the TV Forum a final closedown. I'm not sure I'll join the "purple successor" so here is my occasion to thank you, Asa, for giving us, and maintaining, this cozy place on the Internet to talk and share about television and about those who make television. I also wish to thank the moderators for their work, and all the members I had the pleasure to exchange with.

From me and teammates at Lenodal: salutations! Smile

Please do come to TV Live Forum, I enjoyed your posts!
JL
jlmiller
I’ve only been here as a member for a short time, but I browsed around the forum for many years before that, back when I was only about 8! Very Happy

I will be very sorry to see this place go, and I was saddened to hear that TV Forum was closing down. However, I hope to be able to be more active over on the TV Live Forum and will hope that it is just as successful as this site has been over the last 20 years.

Thanks go to Asa and all the team here on TVF, and I wish you all the best for the future. It has been a privilege to be a part of this website, even if it was just for a short time.

But for now, on behalf of myself, Jack Miller, thanks very much for being with us, and until we meet again, it just remains for me to wish you all a safe and peaceful night. Goodnight.

And of course, just a final reminder for you to switch off your television set, and unplug it from the wall socket. Goodnight.
CH
channelsurfer
Can only really echo what everyone else has said, not until I had to step back and think about it did I realise how much of a role this forum has played in my life and, quite frankly, how much I owe Asa and everyone else who’s made this place what it is.

I used to terrorise the Gallery under the username GeorgeB and whilst it may have seemed unlikely at the time (!) I’m now enjoying a career in design, a path I’ve followed in no small part thanks to the fact that TV Forum has been a place that’s fostered creativity and a certain inquisitiveness about things that many others simply don’t notice - and has been a place where us likeminded lot can geek out about these things together.

Cheers Asa and all the best.
BB
BBSUPERFAN
So ya gonna post all those jingles and idents yabhad then lol i remember about 21 years ago ya had everything on here to download it was another site I think lol! Good luck matey
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm gonna pull out while I can and make what I suspect will be my last post on here. I echo my original reply in this thread and thank you all for making me feel part of what is an unashamedly weird but amazing community.

And this is probably the time to reveal a secret. It might shock you, but balls to it... My name isn't really Larry Very Happy

My sincere thanks to Asa and the team once again. See you all on TVL and, of course, don't forget to switch off your set.

Jessica Ennis... Goodnight.

xxx
BO
Bongo
Thank you Asa, for my 16+ years of reading the threads and discussion.
JA
Jake
Cheers Asa & all the mods, it's been great.
ST
steddenm
To Asa and all the mods... this one is for you.

Clicky - Right Click, Save As...

Thank you for the last 20 years of TV Forum. I'll see you on the other side...
Last edited by steddenm on 30 March 2021 5:07am

Newer posts