TV Home Forum

…and finally

News about TV Forum (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
TV
TVViewer256
This will be my last post - I've had a brilliant time here, and despite not being the most popular at times a few years back (very understandable when I look back on it!), for the vast majority of this I've really enjoyed contributing, answering questions, etc.

Now over to TV Live Forum - thanks again, Asa.
JI
Jimmyson
Thanks all. The last post from me.
May our paths cross again.

Cheers Asa
PA
Parker
I was due to retire early in June, it appears its not going to happen as early now Sad Ah well have to join the purple TV forum.
Realised I'm much greyer these days Laughing
itvblocks and TVViewer256 gave kudos
LT
LTSC1980
See you....on the other side
DO
Dogstar
Hello everyone

I have been a long-time (silent) reader of this forum and have enjoyed the great insights into presentation, production and the wider industry that so many of you have contributed.

It's great to know that there is a community of people with the same or similar niche interests as me and I'd like to add my thanks to Asa and the mods for providing a home for the conversation to thrive over the last two decades.

Good luck to TV Live Forum and I may even be brave enough to post from time-to-time in our new corner of the internet.

See you on the other side.
MA
madmusician
Xilla posted:
Thought I'd share these.

Paul Clark, a long-time member of this forum who sadly passed away last August, was a talented musician who contributed several tracks for a Streets of Rage fangame, under the name BGM1401. The last few remixes and compositions he contributed are on this playlist, should anyone want to hear them:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPw6mAFdqEDXKGp94G_RLO9idIxUR2w3u

I’m extremely sorry to hear that Paul Clark has passed away. I still have his wonderful mix of the BBC One Circle Ident music with 500 Miles by the Pretenders - he was clearly extremely talented in this regard, not to mention the other mocks and conversation that he contributed to this forum.

I had completely forgotten about that! Used to be linked to in his signature, right? Don't suppose you could upload it on here?

Yes, indeed it was. It was just after the Peter Kay/Matt Lucas version of 500 Miles had become big, so it was very timely and that 2006-era circles ident music did indeed fit with it perfectly. Here it is reuploaded: https://up.metropol247.co.uk/madmusician/BBC%20One_500%20Miles%20Original%20Remix.mp3

Somebody else (I can't remember who, sorry!) did a subsequent remix and posted it on the Mocks forum, which used the Kay/Lucas version of the track rather than the original Proclaimers version, but I didn't think that one was as good (although I do still have it downloaded).

500 Miles by the Pretenders

Proclaimers?

Whoops!! I knew I hadn't got it quite right!
Mike W, Josh and VMPhil gave kudos
IT
itsrobert Founding member
And that brings us to the end of my last TV Forum post. I've been in this seat for the last 20 years and it's been a pleasure and a privilege bringing you my views. I hope you'll join us all at our new home over at TV Live, but for now, from me, from Administrator Asa Hicks and the entire TV Forum team, for the last time on TV Forum, bye-bye.

P.S. Extra kudos if you can identify which newsreading icon I took inspiration from for my last comments!

Fade to black.
RA
radiolistener
Hopefully see some of you somewhere else in the future.

Cheers Asa.
SC
Schwing
Blimey. A month off due to ill-health and I come back to find the site is closing. Well, thanks to Asa and all that helped to make this such a wonderful (and sometimes challenging) place to visit.

I'm afraid I won't be following you over to TV Live. I know I was hardly the most frequent of contributors but I have other battles to fight and I can do without the frustrations that came with visiting this place.

To Rob - the best of luck with the new site.
To Asa - thanks for the memories.
To the rest of you - Godspeed.
FO
FanOfTV99
I'll always remember this forum as one of my favourite websites of all time. I would like to thank everyone for making feel welcome, for all the mods and admins who kept this forum running for a long time and to Asa for making this great forum. I'll see you all again at TV Live Forum.
BB
BBI45
So, that's it from me. Not just for today, but forever. This is my last post here on TV Forum. I'm sure many of us will meet on pastures new, but I feel like I should get some final bits off my chest before we all depart.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Asa for everything he has done, and for steering this ship for 20 years. I wish I'd been around for much more of it. Go and take a well deserved break.

Next, I'd like to thank Bail and Charlie Wells for everything they've done to keep us all in check. Quite the feat to have done that without smacking your heads into a wall on a daily basis.

Finally, I'd like to send a special thank you to Josh and DavidWhitfield for everything they have done to help and support me. Over the past year and a half, I have been battling depression. I lost touch with most of my friends back in summer 2019, and there have been times where I felt like ending my life. However, I'm still here, and part of the reason why I'm still here is because of these two keeping tabs on me.

Josh and I have been friends for quite a few years now, and he has been there for me throughout my fight, whether it be for a friendly chat, or support when I've been suffering a full-blown mental health crisis. As for David, he has helped me out by just messaging me from time to time. Regardless of the topic, we'd always end up having a nice chat, and I always know that if David has messaged me, my day can't be that bad. I owe a massive debt of gratitude to both of them.

So, with all that said, I guess it's time to make the jump. See you on the other side.

Ewan Gregory, TV Forum, North Derbyshire

Newer posts