TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Score
Jonwo posted:
I wouldn't be surprised if the celebrity Beat The Chasers specials were filmed recently but the upcoming series of regular BTC was filmed alongside the second series.

No, I think the third series was filmed separately to the second series, with the celeb shows filmed alongside series 3. Paul Sinha is apparently absent from the whole of series 3 as well as the celeb shows, suggesting they were filmed at the same time and separately from series 2.

I believe filming took place at the beginning of this month.
JO
Jonwo
Score posted:

No, I think the third series was filmed separately to the second series, with the celeb shows filmed alongside series 3. Paul Sinha is apparently absent from the whole of series 3 as well as the celeb shows, suggesting they were filmed at the same time and separately from series 2.

I believe filming took place at the beginning of this month.

They must have had a fair numbers of number of people shortlisted for contestants to be able to film series 3 without doing another contestant call out.
UB
UBox
Score is right, S3 and the Celebrity Specials were filmed separately to S2 and Paul is missing throughout S3. They probably had thousands of applicants to use and with BTC they could always head-hunt some former Chase contestants for the 'grudge-match' games. S4 is already set to film later in the year and will feature all 6 Chasers.
SC
Score
UBox posted:
Score is right, S3 and the Celebrity Specials were filmed separately to S2 and Paul is missing throughout S3. They probably had thousands of applicants to use and with BTC they could always head-hunt some former Chase contestants for the 'grudge-match' games. S4 is already set to film later in the year and will feature all 6 Chasers.

Thought so, thanks for confirming. Yeah they'll have had thousands of people to choose from, no need to do another call-out.

Are we expecting all 6 Chasers to appear on each show, with a money ladder and set tweak, or some sort of rota with each chaser missing a show or two?

Newer posts