TV Home Forum

One more time...

...things you hope someone from the forum kept so you could see it once again (March 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
lobster posted:
I'm afraid I didn't keep that, but I did have this - a real blast from the past - so who in that list are still here and posting?

That's a page I created back in the depths of 2003.

I sent it to a number of people, including RTS, who, obviously, removed the picture of himself before it went back to you, Lobster.

One or two on there who, as has been said, are either no longer with us or are behind bars.

I wonder if dear old Anthony Alldritt is still circulating London on a bus which is far too hot?
DE88, Whataday and bilky asko gave kudos
JA
james-2001
I'm almost curious to know who's behind bars and why...
VM
VMPhil
l even have an old photo of my bedroom taken in about 2002 i think with a screenshot of the lounge on the monitor lol

Amazing picture, but tsk for shatliffing MTV Dance (shoehorning in a couple of old school TVF/Metropol references there)
VM
VMPhil
The only thing I have to share on here is this old parody graphic I made, back when James Martin was holding a boycott against Metropol, god knows what year?

AN
Andrew Founding member
There was me thinking the multiple monitor era only started with flat screens
PT
Put The Telly On
Here's a few more. I can't play the rm files at the moment, just spinning up a VM to see what they are, but here are some you might find amusing.

I've got some Jamez clips, less said about them the better! I've also got James H pretending he's explaining TV Forum on This Morning somewhere.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
l even have an old photo of my bedroom taken in about 2002 i think with a screenshot of the lounge on the monitor lol

Please do us all a favour and refrain from explaining the filename on that one!
JA
james-2001
The only thing I have to share on here is this old parody graphic I made, back when James Martin was holding a boycott against Metropol, god knows what year?

And the reason he was boycotting Metropol was because he got banned for hurling homophobic abuse at people.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm afraid I didn't keep that, but I did have this - a real blast from the past - so who in that list are still here and posting???

https://up.metropol247.co.uk/Dr%20Lobster*/Gallery.pdf

I honestly didn't expect to be in that rogues gallery, nor do I remember that pic!
DM
DeMarkay
I’d love to see some of the old Daybreak mocks
MW
Mike W
LO
lobster

Please do us all a favour and refrain from explaining the filename on that one!

Haha, actually, it’s because I started a thread on metropol years ago called “your sticky hole” to showcase your bedroom or where you used to access your pc from, I got a folder called sticky hole with all those pics in. Unfortunately the date is incorrect on the camera, but I believe it to be 2003. I used to program in Delphi back in the day and multi monitor set up was a good way to work, code editor and form editor on separate screen. There was a bug in the ide which meant they always kept moving around when you compiled your code but it was easier than keep flipping windows.
richard110888, Mike W and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts