The Newsroom

Tyne Tees & Border/Look North (NE & Cumbria)

Amy Lea succeeds Pam Royle at TT&B (December 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
A great programme. I’m sure there was a mention on the late news?
MU
Multi
I think it will be someone like Amy Lea.

I really hope it’s not Amy Lea. She’s a good broadcaster but lacks the warmth that Pam has.
MA
Macalolo
Multi posted:
I think it will be someone like Amy Lea.

I really hope it’s not Amy Lea. She’s a good broadcaster but lacks the warmth that Pam has.

My money is on Emma Baker.
BA
Ballyboy
Good prediction
PE
Pete Founding member
Jonny posted:
I've heard they are redesigning the tynetees.tv website specially for the occasion.

oh this made me cackle
RD
RDJ
Shame there was no mention of Pam’s infamous foray on to It’ll Be Alright On The Night back when she did LWT News.

BA
Ballyboy

News just in
WH
what
hey good shout, darter21.
DA
Darter21
Surprised that I got it right Surprised
LL
London Lite Founding member
No surprise it's Amy, she's another local to the Tyne Tees region. I don't get the criticism that she's somehow not warm, but she does have huge shoes to fill.
MU
MrUdagawa
As much as I really like Pam, presentation wise in recent years she does slip into a persona where it feels like she's a children's presenter and talking to the audience as though they're children.
Last edited by MrUdagawa on 29 March 2021 2:16pm
City Road, NicB1971 and London Lite gave kudos
MA
manclad
As much as I really like Pam, presentation wise in recent years she does slip into a persona where it feels like she's a children's presenter and talking to the audience as though they're children.

Can’t comment on Pam but Rebecca Jones on BBC News can come across a bit like that.

Newer posts